Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cold Air Intake Kit On Ebay

Lexusist

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum, so hello everyone !

just found this on eBay

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LEXUS-IS250-IS350-06-08-SHORT-RAM-RACE-SPORT-AIR-INDUCTION-INTAKE-FILTER-KIT-/231161815753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35d25162c9

Looks like a proper job for half the price of lets say K&N Typhoon Intake.

They also sell this tape http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-10-METRE-10M-1200C-RACE-RALLY-DRIFT-TITANIUM-EXHAUST-HEAT-WRAP-TAPE-/231447985626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e35ffdda

Which I guess could be used to wrap around the intake pipe to sort the problem of pipe getting hot from the engine.

Any thoughts ?

The thing is if you look up at any other intakes they all look pretty much the same, Takeda, Injen, K&N, Greddy, Joey-Z.

This one looks exact the same as others.

So I don't know if there is actually a difference between them, maybe just a matter of naming them wrong or right ?

• 2 weeks later...

I was also reading up on cold air intakes and this maybe irrelavent here.. but when one guy did a experiment on a ISF with a Takeda, Injen and stock intakes.. the dyno showed the stock intake to be holding the best bhp, 2nd was Injen and 3rd was Takeda.

I was looking to change mine, but after plenty of reading up.. ive decided to stick to stock intake.. but i will look at exhaust mods, as they are worth the money with good gains.

Dont get me wrong there are plenty of people at the ISF thread (here and overseas) who have after market intakes and everyone will have a story to tell. Must admit they do add a bit or grrrrr to the noise of any car.

Personally i wouldnt do it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I fitted this intake to my 250 a couple of years ago: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290793274902 - That's the intake you find on 3IS and 4GS F-Sports and it sounds awesome. Who buys an induction kit to gain power anyway? We all want the sound :devil:

I'ts a piece of cake to fit.

Before:

tc94.jpg

Old and new intake pipe

xsmc.jpg

New intake pipe fitted

0r6w.jpg

syft.jpg

After

dx69.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I installed a k&n typhoon to my is250 at the weekend. I personally can feel a slight difference in power.

The sound of it brings a smile to my face. I love it. Next is an exhaust system :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

As others have mentioned, it won't add power but it will and sound and that can improve the experience. The only way it will add power is if you do a whole exhaust with it in terms of adding sports cats and decating some.

There's a place by mine called cybox that do custom exhausts that's been recommended. Also, has anyone had their manifold/headers changed?

There's a place by mine called cybox that do custom exhausts that's been recommended. Also, has anyone had their manifold/headers changed?

No one in the isf element of the site have. That's a big job both in terms of design and fitting for a new company. Usually better off importing these as companies spend a lot of money developing them. It will remove the primary cats and so will release some ponies. Worth getting the car on a dyno before each big change so you can log any changes to the cars performance.

Yeah I've seen lots of USA sites that do headers for the is250, such as ppe. Reckon its worth getting headers imported?

Yeah I've seen lots of USA sites that do headers for the is250, such as ppe. Reckon its worth getting headers imported?

Defiantly. They have done the r&d so you will be buying s quality, tested and quality product.

Cool.

Then again there's one on prolex UK for the 250 for 1400 squid. Plus there got some other bits. What you reckon on that?

Once I gave someone a lift and he asked if the car is a hybrid because it's too quiet.... Growl vs super quiet.... Hard to decide. Because I have seen too many subaru, golf and hondas with f@t cans that it just ruined it for me. If there isn't a v8 no point in making it sound like one... it's just me now getting old.

V6 with a good exhaust can sound superb, I had a v6 fto and it was great. You can only achieve a truly quiet sound with a valved system. A non valved system will always be louder than stock but a good manufacturer will be able to make a good non valved system that sounds great under load but not intrusive when cruising.

Thinking about the valved system, it isn't that hard for a shop to make it. Just an example will be, get one of those vaccum or electronic egr valves. have stock exhaust but add bypass exhaust pipe to it. when throttle opens full (high rpm) egr valve opens and uses the bypass pipe which will bypass all the baffles and catalytic converters. So no noise at low. is this something ISF has or does it do this at engine level ?