Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rayaan's Guide To Detailing Your Lexus

Nice job. I bet your car is showroom standard.

I'd like to think so! Regrettably I have kerbed an alloy and of course, stonechips and leather wear is inevitable!

Stay tuned for the updates. Interior section coming soon!

Rayanns this is absolutely brilliant, thank you.

Question please, would it be possible for you to post a link to it in say pdf format so that it can be easily printed of for constant reference. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get decent output from the thread.

Thanks again. I'm sure that it will come in useful for many of us.

Question please, would it be possible for you to post a link to it in say pdf format so that it can be easily printed of for constant reference. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get decent output from the thread.

I could have a crack at it for sure.

May be worth making into a sticky as well if Colin approves! :P

To be honest...I just copy and pasted the whole thing into Word, resized the pics and saved it as PDF file.

If i knew how to get a pdf into the post I'd do it for you but I'm darned if I can see how to add a PDF. Pictures..... yes no prob.

Tried my photobucket a/c but they don't upload pdf files

Hey ho...bloomin techie stuff!!!

To be honest...I just copy and pasted the whole thing into Word, resized the pics and saved it as PDF file.

If i knew how to get a pdf into the post I'd do it for you but I'm darned if I can see how to add a PDF. Pictures..... yes no prob.

Tried my photobucket a/c but they don't upload pdf files

Hey ho...bloomin techie stuff!!!

Yep, will have a crack at it tomorrow. Just been busy over the last few days.

Still worth making into a sticky so other users can find the PDF!!

update - have made it into a PDF and put a link in initial post. Should be downloadable and work fine now hopefully :D

Currently working on some PDF interactive-ness lol

Does this work?

Aha...looks like it does.

No pressure then Rayaans but I called Pt 1 :whistling:

attachicon.gifDetailing your Lexus Pt 1 - Exterior.pdf

Outdated version already mate :P - I already uploaded it on the first post like a week ago via link but just found the attach button so here you go.

It now has hyperlinks in the PDF to help you navigate quickly! Just click on what you want to look at on the first page!

Rayaan

Even better, thank you. Just waiting for the 'interior' version now.

Thanks again for all your efforts. Brilliant.

No worries, Ive not started it yet due to work and kids being off school on weekends so days out etc etc. However, once I get started I can't stop so should have it done in 2 hours or so next week

• 2 months later...

I'd like to echo what others have said and send my gratitude to you, Rayaan. I only picked my car up yesterday but, with grotty weather the last couple of days and following a trip today to visit my mum who's out in the sticks a little, the outside of my car already needs a bit of TLC.

I'll be following your guidance for sure -- thanks!

I'd like to echo what others have said and send my gratitude to you, Rayaan. I only picked my car up yesterday but, with grotty weather the last couple of days and following a trip today to visit my mum who's out in the sticks a little, the outside of my car already needs a bit of TLC.

I'll be following your guidance for sure -- thanks!

Kind words Paul,

If you've picked it up yesterday, it should already have been PDI'd by the dealer so shouldnt require anything other than a quick wash for the time being.

However, having said that - the stuff they use is for the most BLING. It won't really last long so best to get some form of protection on the car early!

Never heard of claying until I came on this forum - some very good tips and advice here! Thanks!

OMG you are in for a treat when you try it! If you're thinking of doing it, get a clay mitt as you'd need atleast 4 bars to do your car if its never been clayed before!

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Thank you, much appreciated.

Any suggestions or queries let me know !

Maybe @ washing the car. If people want to clean their engine bay its most recommered to have the car running in stationairy.

Ive seen more than enough cars that didnt start after the engine bay cleaning haha.

Leaving the car on wil prevent damadge. (depends on the way the bay is cleaned)

2 hours ago, Bluedeamon said:

Maybe @ washing the car. If people want to clean their engine bay its most recommered to have the car running in stationairy.

Ive seen more than enough cars that didnt start after the engine bay cleaning haha.

Leaving the car on wil prevent damadge. (depends on the way the bay is cleaned)

Usually Lexus engine bays are fairly clean due to the masses of black plastic - but I still wouldn't recommend putting a hose near an engine bay - way too much chance of water getting in somewhere.

Probably the best bet is to use some dirty towels and APC for the plastic and then rejuvenate with a product of your choice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links