Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I have been following the forum for many months now but this is my first posting;

I have a RX400h 2007 which I am very happy with. I am looking to upgrade the audio ability and have found a piece if kit called iVIC-5i made by VaisTech of USA. This kit appears to be able to work through the navigation screen and can be controlled from the the steering wheel. Sounds great but does it work?

My question is, has anybody installed one of these kits? ....and do they work as well as the marketing sounds?

Thanks in advance

am sure others will be along soon with RX specific info. If it helps in the meantime I recently fitted a Vais MML to my GS450h; it has provided me with full iPod steering wheel and touch screen controls and has worked perfectly since.

Very happy to recommend the company and its products - custom duties can be a pain (circa £50) but well worth it for what you get, as long that is as you have checked your car has the correct sat nav generation unit fitted.

hth

I've installed a couple of Vais units, one in a GS and the other in a 400h.

My 400h had an older nav unit so only the SL2i was compatible - it worked fine within the limitations of the product and having to use playlists, something that I believe the newer units don't suffer from. One annoying thing was that it uses the SCAN button to switch to a certain mode and unfortunately the UK vehicles don't have that button so that functionality wasn't available to me - again this may not be an issue for the unit you are looking at.

Even with limitations, Vais units are without question the best AV accessories for Lexus vehicles - just a little expensive once you factor in shipping and import taxes.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links