Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Battery Terminals Wrong

I bought a new Battery from Lexus last year because the last one kept running flat. I took the Battery off today to access an aircon pipe and noticed that both terminals seem loose, I can rotate them with a bit of effort. The Battery terminal posts seem too small for the connections. This is a Toyota Battery bought from Lexus for my 400. Anyone else had this? I may need to source better fitting connections from somewhere

well, I have to admit to a level of stupidity here. The posts are slightly tapered, and while I thought the terminals were pushed down as far as they could go,,they were not. Loosening right off and pushing the terminals further down the post did the trick. About as basic a mistake as it's possible to make.

I blame the anxiety attached to trying to find a solution to the pinholed aircon pipe that sits under the Battery tray. Yet to find a solution, the next problem is getting the Battery tray out, as those nuts are seriously corroded. Even soaking in wd40/plusgas overnight did not help. I broke the first one I tried to loosen and I know the others will go the same way,. I will then have to work out how to secure the Battery tray

I had the same problem trying to remove the Battery tray, sheared 2 of the fixing bolts but due to the position it is fairly easy to drill out the remains and then retap the threads for new bolts this time applying some grease to them.

Steve

Did you fit bolts from above rather than studs from below to replace the original? So far I have one that sheared off, one that came off OK, and one that has been rounded off, so will probably have to be drilled out. I tried a nut splitter but not enough room.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links