Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slight Changes To My Isf

Hi People,

I started with a washing the car on a lovely sunny Sunday and then looked at her and said "you need some changes made" so as I was free yesterday and decided to do something different to my beloved ISF.

decided to black out the rear badges and also the front grill.. I seen it on a few white cars (outside of Europe) and it looked good.

so here are the pics people, let me know what you think.. like or not, its fine i understand everyone has their own taste.

Next step is the Lexon or similar lip spoiler (bloody hard to find one in Europe)

post-35896-0-26212700-1438607760_thumb.j

post-35896-0-39354900-1438607828_thumb.j

• Like 1

I like it. As I always say with any modded car. As long as there is a consistent theme it is hard to go too wrong. In your case black and white with the ISF blue works really well. Top job.

• Like 1

I think it looks good, I've tinkered with my Lexus is250 but always gone for genuine Lexus upgrades (f sport), I guess with the ISF the genuine Lexus upgrades are very limited so you have to go for some bespoke alterations like yours ace8800, good work!

What did you use to paint the badges? Plastidip? I want to do the same to my black car but in two minds to if it will look good

I just sprayed with Plastikote. Been on for a couple of years now and still looks great.

quote name="Arqum" post="923333" timestamp="1438630754"]What did you use to paint the badges? Plastidip? I want to do the same to my black car but in two minds to if it will look good

Nice! How did you get it so perfect?

yep it was plastidip.. works wonder.. i actually saw it on a black ISF here, so i think it would look even better on black then my white.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/433995-front-grill-choices-for-the-is-f-thread-options-we-have-7.html

ARQUM: if you google how to apply plastic dip on badges its so so easy.. it peels of the excess areas with ease, leaving a perfect finish, almost like its been painted.. and the best thing is, if you dont like just rub it off and peel away.

Looks great, I really like the contrast with the white. I have used plastidip on all three rear badges and like Stu says it adds to the stealth of a black car. Never used it before but got it looking reasonable on the second attempt. I did it a few months ago and it still looks fine. The best bit is if you ever change your mind you can just peel it off! (EDIT: sorry Ace just said that!) Here's a quick snap I took the day I did it:

68990042-53AD-46B0-A133-357A180CBBE4_zps

• Like 1

Looks great, I really like the contrast with the white. I have used plastidip on all three rear badges and like Stu says it adds to the stealth of a black car. Never used it before but got it looking reasonable on the second attempt. I did it a few months ago and it still looks fine. The best bit is if you ever change your mind you can just peel it off! (EDIT: sorry Ace just said that!) Here's a quick snap I took the day I did it:

68990042-53AD-46B0-A133-357A180CBBE4_zps

i think you should have a look at the link i attached of the Black ISF.. looks awesome with a black grill

just noticed you did the F badge too.. i think you should defo peel that off.. you want the F to stand out on the road.

Yes I did the F badge too as I think it adds to the stealth look. If the badges were simply stuck on I would have removed them. I know Pete has debadged the rear but left the F badge on which looks great. (Has anybody heard his exhaust? There is a clip on Youtube, it sounds amazing.) Agreed, the blacked out grille one looks superb.

Yes I did the F badge too as I think it adds to the stealth look. If the badges were simply stuck on I would have removed them. I know Pete has debadged the rear but left the F badge on which looks great. (Has anybody heard his exhaust? There is a clip on Youtube, it sounds amazing.) Agreed, the blacked out grille one looks superb.

Is there??? Link? Be interested tinder how loud it was before it got the rear cats (or may have been back boxes) put back on.

Hayward and Scott cat back system. Same as mine and a few others on here.

What I am not sure about is if that clip of Petes is before he had the cats (or back boxes) re installed? He had the system without one of them at first but said he got a lot of drone.

Ok so Petes system is different to mine and everyone else's in that we all kept the second cats and Petes has small silencers instead of second cats where he initially had them removed.

The systems make that cats sound epic!

Not quite chap. Similar system from the same company but the difference being mine (second one) has second cats still and Petes (first one) has mini silencers instead of second cats.

oh OK.. I've listened to your a few times now and its growing on me :winky: .. tbh I think pete's is a bit aggressive for my daily drive (i say daily drive, only use it on the weekend lol), I dont want to lose the smooth Lexus, silent drive before hitting 4000prm.

some details plz Stu..

how much did it cost

where from

any pics to show the system (under the car)

do you have a video from inside the car (windows up), so i can get a idea of how loud it is.

oh OK.. I've listened to your a few times now and its growing on me :winky: .. tbh I think pete's is a bit aggressive for my daily drive (i say daily drive, only use it on the weekend lol), I dont want to lose the smooth Lexus, silent drive before hitting 4000prm.

some details plz Stu..

how much did it cost

where from

any pics to show the system (under the car)

do you have a video from inside the car (windows up), so i can get a idea of how loud it is.

Can you access my YouTube channel via my videos? I did a few videos exactly for the reasons you state. It was £850 fitted by Hayward and Scott in Basildon Essex. I was the first to have it fitted and now 10 ish people have it fitted.

Anyway, my YouTube channel includes videos before and after the exhaust doing exactly the same journey. There is no drone at all when cruising and lovely/epic sound when under load. There is also a clip of the underside of the car with it fitted.

cant really tell in the video you made under the car..

so let me get this right.. you had the front (1st) cat removed and new pipe work to the 2nd cat?

and then new pipes from the 2nd cat to the silencers (box)

sorry if I sound a little confused lol.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links