Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time To Say Hello I Reckon?!

janner

Hi. I joined this forum last week, prob good manners for me to at least say hi!

I have just become the owner of an 04 plate is 200 Sport, see photo.......

photo-53817.jpg?_r=1438003111

The last time i owned a lexus was 12 years ago and that was an is 200 se auto. This is a sport manual.

When i had it serviced the mechanic said this car was quite rare, is that correct?

I have 2 questions really and I hope some members could help answering them.

1. How many of these were sold in the UK? This particular version.

2. Can anyone point me to a list of the differences between this car and the "normal" model?

Thanks in advance

PS, Ref "differences", i dont mean the obvious ones (LOL) like the lower ride and bigger wheels. Thanks

Hi and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull the to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over. Regards Mike.

• Like 1

Welcome Alex.

The sport has a slightly lowered suspension, alloy pedals, two-tone steering wheel, a mesh grille and rear privacy glass with sport logos. In April 2004 the sport also got a short throw gear lever.

Looking at your picture it seems you have third party front splitters and side skirts - the skirts could be TRD but the splitters look too square.

The 2004 sport came with 11 spoke alloys so again your ones look non-standard.

• Like 1

Hi Colin, thanks for the info. :)

Well the car was bought by me 2 weeks ago in the state you see in the photo.

Its done 95k, checked it out and seems genuine miles, however the 3rd owner (i'm the 4th) didn't look after it and have discovered its had a few bits of respray here and there. (The dealer was an a**hole by the way) :megaangry:

Lexus history up to 52k and then a gap of 40k but have all old MOTs and the miles check out. I am sure i will discover more things with it as i go along! (yes it has a short throw gear stick)

The wheels are 17" and are lexus wheels so I presumed maybe the original owner got these on a special order. As far as the skirts, well again, i dont know if there are supposed to be there or not really!

IS200 sports are not that rare a car, not in comparison to say an IS300 in the UK.

Your wheels are not Lexus wheels they are aftermarket as Colin says with lexus center caps (very easy to have these made up)

The side skirts look genuine TRD (available from dealers). The front splitters look aftermarket.