Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Connecting To Lexus Connected Services

I am trying to connect my apple Iphone 4 with an Orange Sim Card to Lexus Connected Services on my GS250. As neither Orange nor EE are preset on my EMVN11HDD Navigation System I need to complete the Detail Settings box. No one has been able to tell me the correct DNS1, DNS2 and Script information to fill in this box. I have asking tried Orange,EE, apple and Lexus. Please can anyone tell me what to put in these boxes?

Have you checked on Lexus site if your phon is compatible ? Creating sonnection, on my nav system for some telephone companies the settings are automatic, but at the beginning I did not succeeded because may android phone had not DUN protocol; luckily there is a app to implement DUN and after installing it works now.

Thank you Zotto. I belive my phone is compatible but as neither EE nor Orange data is preset into my Lexus Navigation System I still need to know what information to put in the boxes for DNS1, DNS2 and Script. Any ideas welcome.

Sorry for my last post full of typing errors :) .

Usually phone companies show in technical help pages the DNS addresses, but unluckily not all companies permit to use DUN protocol; may be some user of EE or ORANGE can give the answer, I don't live in UK and so I don't know about it.

Thank you Colin for this suggestion. The GS does not appear to support connection via wifi. Bluetooth works well for phone calls, music and audio books. When I try to connect to Connected Services it asks me to complete a Detailed Settings screen (this is shown on page194 of my GS250 Navigation System Owners Manual) to include my mobile phone operator's DNS1, DNS2 and Script. This is because the information for EE/Orange is not preset into my navigation system as it is for O2 and Vodafone. EE/Orange say they cannot give me the DNS numbers and do not know what Lexus mean by Script. Apparently Lexus do not know what is meant by Script either! I cannot be the first person to connect an Orange/EE phone to Lexus Connected Services so I am hoping to find someone who does know the answers to these three pieces of required information.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Colin and Zotto. I regret that I am not getting anywhere with this. The Detailed Setting screen requires DNS numbers to consist of 4 sets of 3 numbers each, i.e. 12 digits and no possibility of using spaces. I have not seen any 12 digit DNS numbers. At the end it comes up with a message "Check your phone". So perhaps an apple Iphone 4 is not compatible. I should probably give up as I see on the Forum that some owners says Lexus Connected Services is not worth connecting to anyway.

Thank you for these further suggestions. Now I believe that, apart from inputting the correct data, my main problem is that, incredible as it may seem, the Lexus GS250 Navigation System is not compatible with an apple Iphone 4. The Lexus system requires a phone that can use a Dial Up Network (DUN) protocol. It seems that the apple Iphone cannot do this. Unless someone can tell me how to get round this I will have to give up trying to connect to Lexus Connected Services.

Go into your iPhone's Setting screen, tap Hotspot, and Personal Hotspot near the top of the list, and enable Personal Hotspot. You can then select either wifi or bluetooth

Sadly the GS seems to use 10 year old technology, it is different to the IS.

• 8 years later...

Looks like I'm resurrecting this old thread!

Trying to get connected services to work on my 2012 rx450h facelift model and have some queries:

1) my phone is an Android. A post higher up this thread suggests checking with Lexus to see if my phone is compatible,  but I can't find a relevant page on the Lexus site. Does anybody know where this is?

2) There is mention above of a DUN app for mobile phones.  Is thus just for use on phones that are incompatible?  Or does the app serve any other purpose?

3)The car wanted to know a "dial number" (among other things).  Does this mean that when the car wants to access online data, the connected mobile phone makes a phone call? I'm on the Lebara network and when I called Lebara today for some support,  they couldn't give me a dial number. Does anybody know if a dial number is available for Lebara?

4) is there an alternative way to connect my car to online services? For instance, is there a software update that introduces alternative functionality?

5) Had anybody here ever had connected services working, or still using it now?

11 hours ago, Zotto said:

Here the Lexus link with FAQs

Lexus Link Connected Services | Lexus Europe

Thanks for your reply.  There's a lot to take in from that page, but I don't know how much is relevant to a 2012 car.  The page says that it applies to the following cars:

Lexus Link Connected Services are available with the following Lexus cars:

• Cars with OE DCM:

• New UX (from October 2018 production on)
  • New ES (from October 2019 production on)

• Cars with VC DCM:

• New RX (from September 2019 production on)
  • New NX (from November 2019 production on)