Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

@39buss, cheers,

it's not missed a beat, shame I've only done a few distance trips in it, but I use it daily with no doubt in my mind.

You've gone through a few there.i was tempted with a 430/celsior before I picked the Ls up but I preferred the 400 shape to the 430.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Well just to let you all know the luxo barge was collected today by its new owner,

He was given a second bite of the cherry,

He was outbid by someone who genuinely seemed to be ok, with plenty of message contact but was having various issues, with work shifts, insurance, & so on,

I kept giving extra days to get things sorted.

But 13 days after winning it wasn't going to happen & I need a replacement.

Anyways the chap who was outbid asked to be informed if the sale didn't go through, which I did last night,

Within 15 mins I was informed he had booked a 1st class train ticket & would be arriving in sunny Manchester at 14:30. After a short trip from EASTBOURNE!!!!!!

He was very happy with the barge & I was very happy with him & the hassle free experience, if only most were like that.

So off he went with a smile on his face with roughly a 5 hour drive in front of him.at 4pm, ready for the rush hours to start

I've mentioned this site to him so hopefully he'll join up & keep me/all interested informed on how life with R483 UHP is going.

I only owned it for 2yrs but know I'll miss it,

But couldn't justify a 4ltr V8 doing 50-60 miles a week less than an hour a day.

On a side note, I actually checked the toolkit out Which was complete (spanners,wheel brace, screwdriver & pencil torch) & I'd say unused, the wheel brace looked like it had been test fitted on a wheel nut having a slight scratch on it.

Thanks to all for spending there time reading some of my extra long posts,

I'll be sticking around as one day I think I'll be behind the wheel of another luxo motor.

Cheers all.

375c36ee8ded82d3ccf7a528dec97c60.jpg

2eab097b63dd89068254e6e346300ce8.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bluesman said:

Same colour scheme as mine. It wasn't my first choice but I love it now.  Especially when she has had a good wash and a brush-up. Enjoy her.

Same as me, slowly grew on me.

Lovely looking car Rock On, and it shows good examples are sought after for someone to travel that distance. 

Same as me, slowly grew on me.
Lovely looking car Rock On, and it shows good examples are sought after for someone to travel that distance. 
Showroom condition....lovely
Cheers chaps,
It had a few little issues dendonc so not exactly showroom condition, but it did look well once cleaned & at a distance [emoji6]

• 2 years later...

2year update,

Whilst clearing clutter on my phone I found old messages from the chap who bought the car from me,
decided to drop him a message to see if he still had it & if so how it's going.

Cambelt change,full service & 4 new Michelin's
A re-spray on the fade on top of rear bumper, plus an air con re-gas,

(His words) most importantly drives like a dream,
Several trips to Devon, trip to Edinburgh & France
No collectors item but a great drive.
Now sporting a personalized registration.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 2 years later...

Hi all, just to let ye know this car is now in Ireland down south in Cork. I bought it in Belfast back in November 21, 136000 miles on it when I got it. Driving lovely and even had a young fella in a BMW give me the thumbs up today!!! Changed the alloys and I'm delighted with them anyway!!! 

20220121_144326.jpg

• Like 3