Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 MK 4 R483UHP. This looks very nice but it was on eBay for a few days this week in York YO10 for £1650 and now in Redcar on Gumtree for £2795 and practically word for word advert. Sorry, don't have a link, don't know how to do links. Lexus Chap 2nd ???

Glancing on the topic list I read the title as '483 bhp'.

Imagine my disappointment when my error was realised.

You've ruined my day Jim..... a bit :) ;)

There are some risible asking prices for LS400s at the moment.

Old cars used to be fun, and then 42? years ago some nit started a classic car magazine.

Yes.... I've seen it tonight and wondered why it went missing and now its back on. Too much money and £1000 profit if it goes for that much.

Well we do live in a capitalist society and that's what goes on. Its also worth remembering that if secondhand prices continue to rise it also has an effect of enhancing the value of your LS. Mike.

Yes.... I've seen it tonight and wondered why it went missing and now its back on. Too much money and £1000 profit if it goes for that much.

Well we do live in a capitalist society and that's what goes on. Its also worth remembering that if secondhand prices continue to rise it also has an effect of enhancing the value of your LS. Mike.

Gold price heading down...sell,sell,sell....LS400 prices on the up buy,buy,buy :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I picked it up on saturday

Closer to the £1650 than the £2795.

It is a tidy example,

Still going through the paperwork. But what I've found so far is.

Full service Dec 2014 @113,000 miles (currently on 116,000)

Feb 2015, n/s & o/s front upper wishbones replaced. New wiper blades,coil springs.

It's covered 5000 miles since Aug 2012

I've got a few bill of sales.

Aug 2002 £21,840.from lexus dealer

Dec 2004 £10,000.

Aug 2010 £2800

I picked it up on saturday

Closer to the £1650 than the £2795.

It is a tidy example,

Still going through the paperwork. But what I've found so far is.

Full service Dec 2014 @113,000 miles (currently on 116,000)

Feb 2015, n/s & o/s front upper wishbones replaced. New wiper blades,coil springs.

It's covered 5000 miles since Aug 2012

I've got a few bill of sales.

Aug 2002 £21,840.from lexus dealer

Dec 2004 £10,000.

Aug 2010 £2800

wow - thats a big price drop for a dealer - he kept renewing the advert to keep the listing at the top - good buy

By the looks of the seller I bought it off he definitely wasn't a trader more like someone who came across a car he thought he could make a few quid on.

I will try sort some pics out shortly it's been a long time since I've been on here.

It's tidy enough just need to put my stamp on it.

I've been looking at them & toyota celsiors for over 2 years. & the green appealed to me. I would of preferred black interior as that's what's in my toyota aristo.

If I can get it looking anything like these two I will be happy

_20150913_084653.jpg

Screenshot_2015-09-12-17-42-03.png

Noooo! Not those wheels!

18 inchers, maybe but.....

ah well, each to their own.

Green takes a good shine.

😁 Those pics are for reference only 😁

I already have some ssr Vienna lm9 19'inch

On my aristo that I'm going to check the look of..

_20150914_215230.jpg

I would keep it standard if it was me as well, it's too nice :)

I would have probably looked at myself but it was about a 4 hour journey there and back so basically a full day and a tank of diesel to look at a car.

When it comes to try and sell these modified cars they hang around for ages, alot of this can be put at the price people ask for them but most LS owners tend to favour cars being as original as possible and the huge cost of putting these cars back to a stock condition are all reasons to make them unappealing. Mike.

• Like 1

Modifications/customising must really be done for the pleasure of immediate owner. Selling afterwards is much more difficult. Changes made to a car are not always appealing to someone else. Prejudice is also a factor - a modified car says to a lot of buyers it has been thrashed - unfair but there it is.

Age of the owner is usually linked to the degree of changes they wish to make. I cringe a little now when I think of my MKII Cortina with plastic green sunshade and our names emblazoned on them. ***** and Tracy for example! BUT I did not have furry dice hanging from the mirror.

We forget, we oldies - we were all young once (if we can remember that far back) - enjoy whatever floats your boat.

Any other oldies brave enough to tell how they "modified" their cars when they were young?

Best of luck with your car and I hope it turns out to be as good as it was described but if you change your mind about blinging it, get in touch. It was very nice but the seller tried to fill my head with rubbish and lied through his back teeth ie..claimed he'd had it for 4 years, did a Lexus service on it whilst on holiday in Cornwall, didn't know the box in the boot was the S/N etc etc and had the audacity to ask for a deposit. NO, I couldn't give anybody like that any of my money. Nice car though !