Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Steering On Is200 Feeling Bumpy

Hey guys... and girls.

Recently bought my 52 plate IS200 SE and while everything seems great i have a few tiny niggles i would like to fix.

Firstly when i start the engine from cold the power steering seems to bounce a little. I get a slight squeeling noise (Squeak, squeak, squeak) and the steering wheel judders as i turn it.

Secondly under braking the car pulls to the left and it has a slight judder again on the steering. This only ever happens at a reasonable speed. Hard braking it seems fine and gently slowing down seems fine but that sweet spot in between seems to feel like a warped disc. Any idea's to help would be great.

Thanks in advance

James

The power steering is a common issue.

Prob needs a new belt or a tighten (that's the squeak you hear) and you prob need a power steering fluid change. What colour is your power steering fluid? It should be a nice blue or red. Brown or black indicates worn out oil.

The brake issue is probably a sticking calliper. Again very common.

Cheers Chris for the reply.

I managed to fix the braking problem. I've been out all day grinding away all the rust on the hubs and disc edge. To start with the disc would get stuck just over halfway after a few coats of rust remover gel and a damn good scrub with a wire brush the hub started to spin nice and freely. Just took it for a spin to burn off the excess polish on the disc and no more vibrations or wobble.

Power Steering. The fluid is a very dark reddish colour and the bottle has some horrid looking gunge build up near the top. Looks to me as it will need a good clean/refill.

Any idea on how i can drain the fluid and flush out any remaining crud built up inside?

PS: If you want to grind down the rusty hubs i highly advise using a power drill and a brush attachment. It made my life 100x easier. Now its time to give them a coating in silver.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links