Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Welcome Post + Track Wheels Setup Question

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say 'hello' as this is my first post here. I've just got my 2012 IS-F, coming from e90 330i and it's a great machine! I will try to post some photos soon.

I'm Polish, but as IS-F is so rare in Poland, I decided to join the UK forum to have access to more info and users - I hope you don't mind :) Sorry in advance for some spelling mistakes in my English...

I'm not planning to modify the car for now (as modification of e90 was kind of problematic, because of imcompetence of tuners...) but I want to get two things done to make the car more track-ready:

1. Front brake pads - how OEM pads are dealing on track? I was thinking of putting pagids RS29 or Project Mu HC+ - anybody has experience with these pads on our cars?

2. Dedicated track wheels - square setup with semi-slicks. I found on American forum that someone was using Enkei PF01 wheels, 18"x9,5 with 285x30x18 tyres. It seems quite big, especially in front and I don't want to spend so much money without being sure that it will no rub... I would be happy if somebody could confirm/propose other setup.

Cheers,

Piotrek (~ Peter)

Hi Piotrek and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over. Regards Mike.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. I can't state for track use but I would be surprised if they were not sufficient. A few on here have tracked their cars and will be able to help. Also the stock wheels channel air on to the brakes using the blades and are light weight (ish) so I think people stick with them.

Stu

Welcome Peter,

I'd look into the RR-Racing USRS offering from the States as well if I was you.

Got a set sitting in my garage along with some BC BR coilovers with the uprated Swift springs, an F Sport rear sway bar(thicker than the OEM one), and a set of FIGS mega control arms.

Hoping to get some track use next year if all goes well. :)

I'd personally sign up for the US forum as well if I was you. They too are a friendly bunch, and you can ask the guy with the squared setup about any rubbing issues he may have?

Hope you continue to enjoy your 'F'. :)

Peter

Thanks guys!

Yes, I'm enjoying my IS-F a lot! I never thought it will be soooo nice to drive, eventhough you can feel some weigh. I'm also positively surprised by fuel consumption when cruising on highway in 'family mode' ;)

Anybody can recommend some track wheels? Some alloys (18 inch) which can accommodate standard calipers?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter. :)

I'd suggest you speak to Rafi from RR-Racing about track wheels? He runs a square setup on their demo IS-F.

Think they are 19" TSW Nurburgring's. 19 x 9.5 with a 40 offset all round. Tires are 275/30/R19's.

He did say you need to roll the rear arches slightly, and bend some tabs up on the front, and shave a bit off the front bumper mounting point.

Sounds worse than it is apparently! ;)

Drop him an email mate. Rafi@RR-racing.com

Cheers.

Peter :)

Hi Peter. :)

I'd suggest you speak to Rafi from RR-Racing about track wheels? He runs a square setup on their demo IS-F.

Think they are 19" TSW Nurburgring's. 19 x 9.5 with a 40 offset all round. Tires are 275/30/R19's.

He did say you need to roll the rear arches slightly, and bend some tabs up on the front, and shave a bit off the front bumper mounting point.

Sounds worse than it is apparently! ;)

Drop him an email mate. Rafi@RR-racing.com

Cheers.

Peter :)

Blooming hec it does sound brutal! Lol

Thanks Peter P18, I will contact him. However I don't want to do any rolling, as for this car I have 'no tuning policy' for the moment ;) and for the rest of the time I will be running stock wheels, so they would look weird with fenders rolled.

In the meantime I found one option which is popular in the US:

Enkei PF01 18x9,5 ET 45 with 285x30x18 all square - apparently no fender mod is needed and no rubbing. I would probably go with 265 tyres to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links