Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lacquer Peel And Strange Marks Is200

Hi guys I was looking for some advice I bought a Lexus is 200 with just a little bit of lacquer peel nothing to serious.

But now it looks like the paint has been hit by a razor or very sharp blade by some jelious people, I was wondering if any one else has experienced the same kind of issue with paint or are my suspicions correct and some one is vandalizing my car I'll get pictures tomorrow so you can take a look :)

Hi and thank you I'll get some for you now mainly the front wings the topof the roof pillar by the door and boot lid and rear wing. Devalued my car by a lot as its only done 71,300 miles

Grab some of those PH strips you can get for fish tanks and rub one against the lacquer peel (Make sure the area is bone dry first). If it shows anything at all i'd be cautious as it could be caused by some chemical and some A-hole.

Are the big marks deep? Can you tell if its the paint cracking causing them or does it look like someone has actually taken something to the car and removed the strip of paint? The difference would be a key/knife would only damage the small strip where as the paint cracking would show lifting either sides of the paint mark.

This will help eliminate one of the two options.

Best thing you can ever buy is a 360* in car camera. Pretty cheap and i've seen some that broadcast to your phone so you can see in real time plus record. If you're short on cash you can setup your webcam if you have one as a CCTV camera and have it record over night to see any tit messing with your car. EDIT: Thats if you can park your car by a window.

PS: If you decide to spray the car yourself tape the area off in a way where you would actually cover the area you wish to paint then bend the paper masking back out of your way. This will help stop a sharp edge when painting.

Hi great advice I never thought of dome chemical being used And the scratches are quite deep and in random patterns which LED me to believe that some one was up to no good, I'm just waiting on a webcam with inferred which will point down on my drive.

I have thought about spraying the car myself only thing Is previous owner had it sprayed a different colour it used to be silver according to paint code.

As for the damage it looks like they used a razor blade or something because a key and a knife like you said won't cause damage like that if you zoom in you can see the marks go all sorts of directions.

Unless the paint job was crap to begin with and maybe old marks are starting to show through paint but I highly doubt it

post-53991-0-68751300-1440122876_thumb.j

Had a closer look. It to me looks like the paint has just cracked. No way the lacquer should bubble right next to the marks (Unless it's been wet and hot for a while) If you're planning on spraying it yourself take the car to a paint shop and get the magic color matcher thingy they have to identify the color or damn near close to it.

Could you contact the previous owner and ask them what color code they used to paint the car?

As it's on the rear 1/4 you'll have alot of sanding back to smooth the paint in unless you paint the entire panel (Nightmare) Until you either catch how is doing it or get it repaired you should get something on the paint to protect it. Wash/dry and really dry then give a HUGE wax coating to that area just to try and stop further water getting in to the cracks causing rust underneath. Even a quick dust over of lacquer just to stop the paint from getting worse (This is only temp tho)

Good luck anyway and i'm sorry i cant help anymore.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links