Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Needed With Conflicting Advice From Dealer

I don't want to name the dealer but I would like to know what you guys think..

I've been thinking about having a space saver in the boot.i contacted the dealer and asked for a price and I was quoted £250 including vat and fitting.i fired straight back and said there is no fitting involved as the batteries are located under the floor so it could not go under the boot cover it would have to stay loose in the boot.to my surprise the answer I got back was oh yes your right there is no fitting required.so I fired straight back and said so the price you gave me is wrong now as it included fitting.

I am completely flabbergasted to receive a reply from them saying no the original price is correct as the price quoted was just for the parts.?

I would ask you guys your opinion on what the dealer has said about price given all the facts?

if anybody would also contact there local dealer and get a price and see what they come up with as to be honest I don't like the way my dealer is doing things and I would prefer to get it elsewhere.

many thanks guys

Bought mine from local main dealer (Bolton) and it cost me £140 for wheel and tyre, bought a cover from eBay for about £10 and just leave it the boot. Takes up a bit of space but not an inconvenience really.

thanks bob I think my dealer is back peddling but if this is the way they treat customers that buy cars from them I will have the servicing done elsewhere as well.i'm sure when I asked them when I bought the car they quoted me somewhere what you paid but I decided not to bother at the time.

Some dealers may be better than others I suppose. I got my spare after clumsily snapping off a tyre valve topping up a tyre at a garage. My dealer fitted a new sensor for free claiming it under warranty, my nisshoku wheels had also started to degrade after less then two years and they have just exchanged all four wheels under warranty again. So I've been very pleased with the dealer.

I wish I could buy 1 for £130 I've just contacted another lexus dealer fairly close to me and they've quoted £235, its getting cheaper but of course its getting farther away

its odd isn't it 1 dealer has said there is no space saver listed in the parts catalogue whilst another is quoting me for one.

it seems the branded bag to cover the wheel is £100 so I won't bother with that. the wheel itself is now costing £135 which is more like it.

it just shows every dealer seems to ask a different price for the same article.i know its franchise but I wasn't expecting all these differing stories about the same item.

many thanks bluenose apparently the reason why the lexus one is so expensive is because it has rings on the side to secure it to the matching rings on the boot floor as well as the lexus logo.i will be buying the one you've pointed out though.