Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting A Dash Cam To My 2006 Gs450h

I have just bought a dash cam to fit to my 20006 GS450h.

if i want to get the cam to play on the screen of the console how do i go about it and will it work? is there a facility on the console that allows it....maybe through the DVD play application??

also is it easy to get into the console to attach the other wires

would i be better to get an auto electrician to do it

thanks

It would be a lot of work for very little reward - consider the DVD player installed in the car only allows you to play it when parked up (hand brake on) - ok, there are work arounds to enable it to play while driving but it is a distraction.

The car cam would be the same I would imagine. Some car cams have screens attached but are so small that you struggle to see them when driving so the option gets turned off.

• Like 1

Ok, so just a simpe wire in to the ignition and the power/negative and just rely on the cameras own small screen for set up

I'm not familiar with the camera you have, but if it comes with a ciggy lighter type plug that will more than likely have a voltage regulator of some sort in it, so it's important to use that plug.

If you don't want to use the 12v/lighter socket on the car, you could hard wire (ign/earth) a trailing ciggy socket to plug into, then hide that behind trim. That's the way I've done it for dashcam, Satnav etc on various cars.

HTH

Malcolm

• Like 2