Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Warm Star Issues - New Lexus Owner Seeks Help

Hi guys

Am new to the forum and new to owner a Lexus after my brother bought an RX300 I decided to take the plunge on a 06 IS220D, within a day of owning it the water pump went however got the guy who sold it me to get that sorted however I am having an issue with warm starts (not even sure if that's the correct term), anyway I'm not too clever with cars so here goes.

I can get up any morning and it will start fine first time every time, also if I have left the car a while and then go to start it it's fine, first time every time.
After Ive drove the car a good 30 miles so the engine is warm then try to start it, it takes ages of turning over before it'll start.
Checked the Battery over and also hooked a jumper pack up and No change, anybody any idea of what to try or what the issue could be.

Any help is much appreciated I absolutely love driving the car and compared to the Renault Megan's I used to have so would really like to solve this little niggle

Have moved this over to the IS220D dedicated forum where you are much more likely to get a response. Good Luck Mike.

Hi Chris and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over. I cant help you with your present problem but I am sure someone will be along shortly to help. Regards Mike.

Hi guys really need help on this issue soonish really starting to frustrate me, read a million things online and a couple of surgestions I've read are changing oil and filter, would thick used oil cause it to take ages to start when warm, another surgestions has been a faulty crankshaft sensor, anybody any experience around this issue

Hi guys me again novice Lexus owner, I believe you are all right regarding the head gasket, however I have now fell in love with the car and have decided to just bite the bullet and get it fixed, anybody any idea how much a head gasket would cost at a decent garage