Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The satnav in my recently acquired Celsior is not working.

Previous owner has fiddled with it as most of the screws were missing and it was hanging loose in the dash :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

I don't suppose the satnav for the Ls400 is interchangeable?

it was, but it's not working.

The only thing working is the clock and the buttons around the screen light up when I switch on the lights.

No radio, cd and no fan or heating either

There was a similar problem with a toyota celsior I had, well the sat nav came on but it was in Japanese and the heater bit didn't work, cost of repair was £1300 as they had to change something in the boot, I didn't get the work done, and sold the car

I think it was the whole dvd unit thing in the boot which would have fixed the heater bit and the satnav would have been in english too, but with the one I had it also had a separate dvd player with remote so I could watch dvd movies on it

• Like 1

Rudy

There are or have been a couple of central console units for sale off the mark 4 breaking sales on eBay .

I would bet the whole thing is interchangeable with the celsior and if someone as the console for sale they might as well sell you the dvd player from the boot which should have the cd in .It might be a good idea to ask for the satnav unit also ,then you are sure of a UK system

• Like 1

Ambermarine,

I have managed to find a Ls400 nav unit complete with the cassette bit underneath. Unfortunately he doesn't have the stuff that goes in the boot as he bought an accident damaged Ls for the engine and only took a few other parts out.

The bits you need are out there it is just a case of finding them,keep in mind that the player in the boot is a CD player and cannot be revised much after 03 but whatever you get will be the good enough for the UK main routes.

If the centre console as been coded I have the sequential dance required to recode it.

• Like 1

I've contacted the guy last night and he's sure he also removed the nav boot stuff so he's having a look in his garage today to see if he can find it.

If he does, he will include it for free.

Great result - now let's hope he finds it :)

Update:

Satnav unit arrived today and it's a no go.

one socket on the PCB is different so the plug won't fit.

I've had a look at both circuit boards but it's not just the connector that's different :(

Back to the drawing board.........

post-26221-0-35164100-1441386449_thumb.j

post-26221-0-53909300-1441386635_thumb.j

I think I'll go a different route.

I'm hoping Steve still has the non-nav climate control unit for a ucf21, if not, I will need to source it elsewhere. Then fitting my tablet in the place of the sat nav unit.

So I'm now left with a celsior jdm Sat nav and an Ls400 nav unit lol. Maybe they'll make nice mantelpiece ornaments :)

• 2 weeks later...

Since getting a climate control unit for the Celsior is a rather expensive option, I was thinking...................

I still have a fully functioning Ls400 nav unit.

It might be possible to adjust this so it will fit the Celsior. If I can get the plugs of a ls400 (with wires attached) and can find a pinout and wiring diagram for the nav unit and stereo for both....it might work? Maybe........

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished the Celsior climate and stereo.

Bought a Climate Control unit from Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Auction won at 4000 Yen (£22 ish) Then add Agent fees, shipping and customs and the total came to just over £100. Small price to pay to have heat and freezing cold again :)

Then I was left with no stereo so decided to buy a double din app unit. With DVD, GPS etc etc.

Got a double din fascia from Fleabay

Mono amplifier bought as the stock won't work with aftermarket unit

8 inch Kicker comp sub bought to replace the stock one.

Fitted it all today with the new amp underneath the driver's seat just like the stock amp.

Driver's seat had to come out, rear seat (base and back) had to come out.

A lot of work, but worth it in the end :)

I'll take a pic tomorrow so show the unit in the dash.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links