Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Rant.....

milleplod

Yesterday, driving to the in-laws, on an NSL single carriageway. There's one car in front of me, we're both doing around 45/50mph....no opposing traffic....I'm a good 4 or 5 car lengths behind the....well, let's call him 'the idiot'.

In the distance, coming towards us is something displaying flashing headlights and blue strobes....its trumpton, going hell-for-leather. There are no cars in front of it, it has a clear run all the way past us. The idiot in front, obviously totally incapable of reading the situation, stands on his brakes and swerves to his left, mounting the n/s verge by at least 2 feet in a cloud of dust and debris before coming to a halt.

Was he expecting the fire engine to suddenly get wider? Or to swerve into him for no apparent reason? What exactly was going through his mind when he terrified his passengers, I wonder. It obviously shook him up, as he came to a halt half on the road, half on the verge as I drove past.

Some people, eh! Rant over. Well, it wasn't much of a rant really, more of an observation regarding someone else who shouldn't be on the road. :winky:

Pete

Just had an idiot in Renault pull out across 2 lanes attempting a right turn. He must see me I thought.....my headlights are on. No..he pulls straight in front of me and I have to stamp on the brakes to avoid him. It was perilously close....old greybeard did not even see what he'd done. Followed him to the lights and shot him twice with my imaginary hunting rifle.......much to the amusement of a local taxi driver. At the lights he decides he wants to be in the left lane so just pulls across in front of a people carrier......no indicator....nothing. He missed that vehicle by an inch...literally!! Guy gave him the lights and verbals.....nothing...not a single response. Next roundabout he nearly took out a cyclist.

If you're in Bournemouth near Castle Lane, watch out for a blue Y reg Renault Clio driven by a doddery twit.......should not be on the road.

Yesterday, driving to the in-laws, on an NSL single carriageway. There's one car in front of me, we're both doing around 45/50mph....no opposing traffic....I'm a good 4 or 5 car lengths behind the....well, let's call him 'the idiot'.

In the distance, coming towards us is something displaying flashing headlights and blue strobes....its trumpton, going hell-for-leather. There are no cars in front of it, it has a clear run all the way past us. The idiot in front, obviously totally incapable of reading the situation, stands on his brakes and swerves to his left, mounting the n/s verge by at least 2 feet in a cloud of dust and debris before coming to a halt.

Was he expecting the fire engine to suddenly get wider? Or to swerve into him for no apparent reason? What exactly was going through his mind when he terrified his passengers, I wonder. It obviously shook him up, as he came to a halt half on the road, half on the verge as I drove past.

Some people, eh! Rant over. Well, it wasn't much of a rant really, more of an observation regarding someone else who shouldn't be on the road. :winky:

Pete

The only good thing is that (unlike SO many on the road) he actually saw the lights. Lost count of the times I see "drivers" who obviously are either totally unaware of the fact that an Emergency Services vehicle is approaching from front or rear or they are unaware of what the flashing headlamps and blues are for.

And my story on Bank Holiday Monday.......I was preparing to pull out of a shopping complex into traffic, into a three lanes one way system so I had to turn right.

An old bloke, at an opposite junction, in a turquoise Volvo pulled out into the three lanes and tootled off against the flow of traffic. I think I caught it on my dash cam.

I dare not look as I drove off, he was heading for an accident. The poor drivers coming around that corner will have **** themselves.

I've noticed this a lot recently, a lot of drivers seem to panic as soon as they see lights , and tend to brake hard, and or swerve, often stopping next to an island or other obstruction meaning the emergency vehicle can not pass anyway.

Possibly they panic because they don't see them soon enough. Lost count of the times I have seen the blues a long time before they are close enough to need to pass me but see them in my mirrors, maybe 1/4 mile behind, being held up by some idiot who won't get out of the way either through awkwardness or because they never look to see what is behind. So many seem to have tunnel vision and only see what is directly in front of their bonnet. I just cannot understand why they are driving if they don't see or ignore a vehicle approaching with headlamps flasing and blues strobing away.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links