Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Rear Door Needed For Is300 Sportcross - Cost?

N5girl

Hi

Someone has just crashed into our rear driver side door (while we were putting our son into the car). The door looks a write-off. Any idea how much it will cost to replace as the insurance company have mentioned the possibility of an uneconomic repair.

We would consider keeping the car if it is not ridiculous as it is fab runner and only has 90k on the clock.

TIA

Shouldn't be too expensive to get a second hand one could give you a breakers details if interested and if you are lucky you might get one in the colour of your car

Thanks I will let you know once the insurance company have come back and said whether it is a write-off or not.

So I assume the cheapest way of replacing the door is to find one at a breaker's yard, get someone to fit it and then possibly a respray if the colour doesn't match.

Does anyone know if there are any issues with re-insuring a car that has been written off? There is no other damage other than the door.

Thanks I am going to call the insurers in the morning and see what the hike in the premium will be for a Cat D car and maybe do a dummy quote with someone like Admiral.

Can anyone recommend a suitable garage that would replace the door with one from a breaker's yard or will then just want to deal with a new door? We live in the Harrow, so NW London.

Our car has been written off so I am going to investigate the various repair options.

Anyone recommend a yard where I could potentially pick up a door?

Do they deliver or do I have to collect it to get it to the bodyworkers?

Thx