Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I have a '97 LS400 with the standard entertainment system (radio/multichanger cd/cassette).

The backlighting doesn't work. It seems to be a common fault, judging from internet aricles I have read.

Can someone advise what the fix is (new bulb(s)?). If it is new bulbs, where can I get them, and how do I remove the front fascia of the unit so I can fit it/them? Some of the stuff I've read suggests that some soldering may be required. I'm OK with doing that, but just need some advice.

Thanks in anticipation

You will have to take the whole unit out of the dash, take it inside and open it up :)

It's not the bulbs that fail (usually)

I have attached a pdf file which gives you step by step instructions with pictures

Lexus_LS400_MK3_Stereo_Back_Light_Fix_(illustrated).pdf

• Like 1

If your OK with soldering I would suggest getting hold of some liquid flux ( RS components or CPC ) before you attempt the resoldering as the resistors are surface mounted not through wire.

If your not confident I can do these repairs so feel free to PM me.

You should also find that none of the other illuminated centre console buttons light up with this problem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links