Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would say hello as yet another newish ISF owner from Essex who has joined the club.

It would appear that Essex is becoming a bit of an ISF hot spot given how rare these cars are!!.

I have been enjoying following the ISF Club Forum since I bought the car in mid 2014. But since I have not previously been a member of any owners clubs/forums it seemed sensible to get a feel for how it all worked before posting anything. So please forgive any inadvertent slips in protocol.

For a bit of background I nearly bought an ISF back in 2010, but needed 5 seats at that point so purchased a V8 Audi S4 instead. However my desire to own an ISF remained and I kept an eye on the market for them, waiting for the right time and the right car. My preference was for a low mileage car in blue with a black interior. This as it turned out was a rare combination as most seem to have white leather, which looks brilliant, but is not the most practical option with a family. I started looking with a view to buying in January 2014 and had been keeping an eye on a blue car for sale at Hedge End Lexus Southampton, but it had just been sold when I enquired; I think to a current member of the club. Still every cloud has a silver lining as they say and a very low mileage final model white car came up a few months later at Lexus Leeds. I had some reservations about owning a white car, but I have to say it looks brilliant and I have loved the 3k miles I have done in it so far.

This is my first Lexus, having owned German cars for the last 20 odd years, but I did own a Supra Turbo back in the 1990's. I had that car for 6 years and it stayed in the family for a further 6 years without a single issue, just needing standard maintenance. I can't say the same for the various German cars I have owned to date!! From the lengthy research I did prior to buying the car it's clear that the ISF has a reputation for being pretty bomb proof like most Lexus cars. I am hoping that my Lexus ownership experience continues without a hitch, as it has to date, in contrast to my past experiences with the various German manufacturers.

As I said earlier I have been enjoying following the posts regularly and hopefully I will be able to come along to a meet at some point. It was a shame I was unable to attend the recent Bluewater meet as it would have been great to have a chat with members in person and to hear the various exhaust setups in the flesh; they sounded brilliant. There have been some really useful and informative posts and hopefully I will be able to contribute something useful at some point soon.

Hi David and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins
looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

Welcome to the forum. We certainly do seem to have a fair few owners in Essex. Which is great for meets!

Glad you are enjoying the car. If you want to hear my H&S exhaust or have a ride along I am in chelmsford and would be happy to take you out for a spin.

Stu

Many thanks for the warm welcome chaps. Having followed the club for a little while I have seen how friendly and helpful you all are.

I hope I haven't broken any protocols already as I had some issues trying to post my introduction last night before my first post and ran out of time.

Thanks for the offer Stu that's very kind of you & that would be great if we don't manage to do that at a meet.

I am based near Brentwood so it's possible we may pass each other at some point.

I would seriously consider the H&S exhaust given the cost of the replacement fake exhaust tip panels, particularly with H&S on the doorstep.

Like a lot of the owners on the forum I love the sound of the engine at full chat but would like a bit more at lower revs.

As I said earlier its a pity I missed the opportunity to hear all the exhaust setups together at Bluewater. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Welcome to the club, like u I always went the German route, but I'm now on my 4th Lexus, all have been nothing less than superb, mine like yours is standard for now, I'm hoping to have an exhaust made for mine by my nephews friend, he was a Rolls mechanic n then Aston Martin, has hand build engines n gearboxes, a painter too, he's relocated back here, so when I can, he's going to paint, detail and make the exhaust, BUT it will have wait for now, as we're halfway through an extension, so maybe another exhaust tune to listen to at some point, may well see u about too, as I'm only in Wickford. 👍👍😊

Thanks Paul and will keep my eye out as often passing through Wickford to see family in Hockley and Rochford.

The Lexus brands reputation for quality and reliability is well documented and its refreshing to see that their performance models appear to be no different.

I am hoping my experience with this car is as trouble free as my Supra was all those years ago and I'm sure it will be in comparison with my recent experiences.

Sounds like a very handy chap to know. Will be interesting to see/hear what bespoke exhaust setup he produces.