Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looney Returns But....

Hi everyone. I am back...

I'm sorry to say that after a 5k bill to have my steering rack replaced on my beloved IS-F i ended up chopping it in against a 5ltr supercharged v8 jag xfr.... it caught fire within 3 months after the engine destroyed itself and the replacement car also smashed its engine up costing me £15k to fix (even though it was under warranty... its a long and not finished story)...

so now I have returned to Lexus...

On Friday I take delivery of a brand new RC-F... OMG I can't wait....

I'm sure I will be posting more in the coming weeks ... hope you are all well and watch this space.....

Looney Tunes....

I would.... but to be fair the engines that smashed themselves were made by ford and the i54 EMC plant is making them for the first time as Jag's own engine.... mind you its taking so long they are having to buy more ford engines than first thought they would need to... apparently.

Whilst at the dealership i had a choice of a 2010 ISF for £29k or the 2015 RCF for :geek: ... well lots ... got the Torque vectoring and adaptive cruise etc... not the carbon but everything other than a sunny added....

Some say the car will be slower than an ISF due to the weight of the RCF.... any thoughts?

I went up the Goodwood hill in the RCF this summer, with a pro driver at the wheel and it certainly felt every bit as quick as the ISF and sounded brilliant.

There seemed to be a bit more body roll than the ISF, but that may just be due to how hard it was being driven and I've never been in an ISF being driven that hard to compare.

I have been in a couple of RCF's now and the interiors make them feel like a special place to be!!

Sorry, yes I will get some pics etc when i get chance. Its the Flaming Sunset (or something like that) - Orange to you and I - which having seen others I honestly think is an amazingly good colour for the car - it certainly catches your eye and when I parked it on th high street and had a beer in a pub sitting in the window I watch virtually every single bloke stop and nose around it before walking on. Even most women gave it a good looking at. Lets hope the rozzas are less interested in it

Black leather sets it off nicely and yes the inside is a wonderful place to sit... it makes you feel you are sitting in a very well constructed car. The dash and options and settings and ...well everything is great

Only downside is the dealership told me it had Adaptive Cruise in the emails about the car I was buying but now i've taken delivery of it I can see that it hasn't. I've let them know i'm not happy (that was one of the reasons I took this car over others having had it on my IS-F) and await their response... it might have to be given back as i've spotted a couple other ones around the country I'd be interested in.

Apart from that I'm very happy with the car.... and so much more confident in its reliability than those silly Jags

yes its the one from Birmingham...how did you know? should I be impressed or sadened by your knowledge of which colour car is at which dealership :)

Only one for sale in that colour! And I just guessed based on your location!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links