Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Silver Spray Can Paint 1f2 - Any Alternative Options?

in general metallic paints do not fade because they are protected by several layers of clear lacquer.

Contact Autopaint St Helens. They will have your exact code in their system and will send you an exact match. I have used them for years and they are always excellent.

• Like 1

My 2007 460 paint code is 1F2 - Halfords do Toyota Tyrol silver code 1F7. Does anyone know if this is a close match and if so is it lighter or darker? I am asuming my car paint has faded.

What I want to do is paint a black sharkfin aerial to match the car.

Thanks,

Derry.

last time i wanted to get some paint for my green 400 and i used an online company - have a look on the internet for a comparison before committing - i would go for exact match

Thanks for the feedback all. But ....

I was browsing websites looking for painting your aerial tips and there was some discussion about not using metallic paint on fibreglass aerials or radomes. It occurred to me that my sharkfin may have a resin cover of some sort, it doesn't look like fibreglass.

So for the benefit of maximum reception I will skip the paint.

I was pondering on the metallic paint issue and wondering how much it would reduce an aerials effectiveness and how could I test it. My first thought was to get some thin plastic sheet, spray that metallic silver and wrap it around the sharfin to see the effect. Not a true test if course but if the signal dropped out completely then I know the issue is true.

However it then occurred to me that my Teac CD receiver I use indoors has a sig strength meter so I have ordered an SMB to F type connector from dabonwheels. Car DAB aerials use SMB connectors and DAB receivers use F type. I can now connect my sharkfin to my TEAC and see how it compares to the DAB indoors quarterwave aerial I use. Not a true comparison of course, the usual TEAK aerial hangs in free air whereas the sharkfin sits on a huge tin roof! I'll dig out a bit of tin sheet to mount it on for the test.

Currently my TEAC sig strength is 15 out of 16 (I live in a marginal DAB area), I'll let you know the results.

Derry.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links