Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interesting Discoveries (good & Bad)

Have to say - the IS300h F-Sport performs beautifully in snow/slippery conditions even with the wide 255's on the back.

Much better than the Merc C220 it replaced with 215 tyres all around. That car just kept crunching no matter what, even slipping on wet roads. The IS on the other hand feels very sure footed.

• Like 1

Scraped a front wheel a couple of weeks ago, Arrrgggg, luckily not too badly damaged but still cursed myself for days after. Jacked up the front to take the wheel off for repair and was very surprised on how heavy the car is, it took a fair amount of effort to get the car lifted. Anyway, wheel refurbished and looks like new and the wallet is £90 lighter..

Have to say - the IS300h F-Sport performs beautifully in snow/slippery conditions even with the wide 255's on the back.

Much better than the Merc C220 it replaced with 215 tyres all around. That car just kept crunching no matter what, even slipping on wet roads. The IS on the other hand feels very sure footed.

That's interesting, thanks. We had our first snowfall last night, and I had to go out this morning. With the Lexus being RWD auto, and the Skoda being FWD manual, and with narrower tyres, I took the Fabia............

Probably teaching the old grandma to suck eggs, but the door mirror adjustment switch has to be set to the left position.

good points all, keep them coming. Very informative, especially when you haven't read the manual.

On 21/01/2016 at 11:07 PM, pbarrett said:

Probably teaching the old grandma to suck eggs, but the door mirror adjustment switch has to be set to the left position.

good points all, keep them coming. Very informative, especially when you haven't read the manual.

In fact you can set it to the left or the right and it'll work OK

Not sure if anyone has posted this, when the filling up, I don't like fuel cap just flopping down and hanging by te plastic, i would have thought some sort of catch be provided to hold the cap whilst I'm filling up..

38 minutes ago, mpls said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this, when the filling up, I don't like fuel cap just flopping down and hanging by te plastic, i would have thought some sort of catch be provided to hold the cap whilst I'm filling up..

Look at the back of the filler flap. There is a plastic round shape that the filler sits on. The Japanese think of everything

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Richard1200 said:

Look at the back of the filler flap. There is a plastic round shape that the filler sits on. The Japanese think of everything

A bit like Rolls Royce and the golf tees in the old joke??

19 hours ago, Richard1200 said:

Thanks for that,  i truely didn't know that.. just went out and checked it out..

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered yesterday that the 'Sport/Eco/Normal' knob on my car is getting quite scratched, at fewer than 4000 miles.  As I just leave the car in Normal mode, I very rarely use this, if ever, apart from 'playing' early on in ownership, so the scratches aren't done that way.

The siting of the EV button has been moaned about before, and I have to assume it's the close proximity of the two that's caused the scratches, as I do use the EV button regularly in town, and must have caught the sport knob while blindly searching for it.

Any other explanation? (preferably clean) 

6 hours ago, baxlin said:

I discovered yesterday that the 'Sport/Eco/Normal' knob on my car is getting quite scratched, at fewer than 4000 miles.  As I just leave the car in Normal mode, I very rarely use this, if ever, apart from 'playing' early on in ownership, so the scratches aren't done that way.

The siting of the EV button has been moaned about before, and I have to assume it's the close proximity of the two that's caused the scratches, as I do use the EV button regularly in town, and must have caught the sport knob while blindly searching for it.

Any other explanation? (preferably clean) 

Might be worth getting a transparent screen protector and cutting it to size? It would work especially well if you have a laser cutter. Other option would be to print a template out, stick it onto a screen protector and cut around it?

4 hours ago, 200h said:

you can get carbon fibre film (doesn't have to be carbon fibre) in different colours

maybe just wrap the dial.

Thanks, Mark, I will try to add a film, but I don't like the look of carbon fibre, so it'll be either clear or plain black.

Lee, yes I do wear cufflinks, and a wedding ring! 

1 hour ago, baxlin said:

Thanks, Mark, I will try to add a film, but I don't like the look of carbon fibre, so it'll be either clear or plain black.

Lee, yes I do wear cufflinks, and a wedding ring! 

Guess you answered your own question. Easy fix though, divorce and cheap shirts :yahoo:

• Like 2

On 24 January 2016 at 6:55 PM, bluenose1940 said:

In fact you can set it to the left or the right and it'll work OK

So it does. Thank you.

I've done quite a bit of motorway driving lately..........

1. Still only managed 50mpg at 70mph :-(

2. I also noticed excessive road noise coming from my drivers door/window seals on a 6 month old vehicle.  

That can't be right can it?  I would expect better from Lexus.

12 hours ago, pbarrett said:

So it does. Thank you.

2. I also noticed excessive road noise coming from my drivers door/window seals on a 6 month old vehicle.  

your not the only one with this excessive road / wind noise from the drivers door

i have been to lexus about this issue with no solution my ct wasn't noisy.

6 hours ago, 200h said:

your not the only one with this excessive road / wind noise from the drivers door

i have been to lexus about this issue with no solution my ct wasn't noisy.

18 hours ago, pbarrett said:

So it does. Thank you.

Guys this happened on my RX a while back. Only on the driver's door and I was like WTF is this just me? Turns out it was just me because it was on my side!!

Give the seals a good clean and some silicon spray, hopefully the noise should go away as it did with mine.

i always clean the seals but i still have the noise ,lexus didnt know what was causing the issue either.

one day we test drove my car against one of theirs and the mechanic did say the road noise was considerably worse in mine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links