Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interesting Discoveries (good & Bad)

Got to say - something Ive noticed today is that the build quality of the IS is exemplary - no rattles, no squeaking etc. Granted its only done 11k miles but its over 2 years old and nothing!

My RX on the contrary has acquired a very annoying rattle coming from the rear seat/wheel arch and one in the passenger side B pillar at 33k miles

I'm sort of annoyed about the arrow on the fuel gauge (non F-Sport gauge) telling which side the filler port is on. When the fuel is below 1/4 of a tank and you need to refill, the needle covers this arrow.

Must be a good car when this is the kind of thing I find annoying.

-Tore

I'm sort of annoyed about the arrow on the fuel gauge (non F-Sport gauge) telling which side the filler port is on. When the fuel is below 1/4 of a tank and you need to refill, the needle covers this arrow.

Must be a good car when this is the kind of thing I find annoying.

-Tore

As a rough guide, japanese cars have their fuel cap on the left whereas german cars have their fuel cap on the right.

The reason for this is because Japanese cars are RHD originally so itd be difficult to open the door if it was on the right.

German cars are originally LHD so its easier for them to open the door when its on the right side as they exit from the left. Hence why its such a pain when pulling into tight petrol stations in a german car

Same, it only opens slightly. However, the Merc boot flew open. Perhaps its a MY16 change?

I think my description may be a bit misleading. Yes, it opens without pinging open. But then open it further and let it go, and you get the spring board affect. Even the dear old Jazz was better than that with its damping.

David.

Same, it only opens slightly. However, the Merc boot flew open. Perhaps its a MY16 change?

I think my description may be a bit misleading. Yes, it opens without pinging open. But then open it further and let it go, and you get the spring board affect. Even the dear old Jazz was better than that with its damping.

David.

Mine opens slightly, if it stays below an angle of 60 degrees when opening it manually, it still doesnt open. After that 60 degrees itll open by itself but no spring board effect here. It just opens and stays there without moving backwards or forwards.

Well I had my first proper drive of my new 300h F-Sport & was very pleased with how it felt to drive!

Biggest issue that I found was that I could not alter the volume of the sat nav (premium version), I expected to find it in a setting under navigation, but no.

Then I thought you would be able to change it when an announcement was being made, but no.

Tried turning the radio off tried again but still no change.

Returned home later on to lookup in the handbook only to find it cannot be set separately from general announcements.

So all spoken announcements have to be set at the level you want the sat nav at.

How strange; first car I have aver driven that you cannot change the volume separately, unless I Am missing something?

Oh & covered 180 miles in this trip with an average of 45.6mpg which is a big improvement on my previous 3.0L petrol XF which did 34mpg on the same journey.

But you could adjust the volume of the sat nav any time an announcement was being made!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Voice announcement volume can be altered up & down. I have mine set at level 4. Why would you want the voice volume to be different though between say satnav & text message though? The feature I do miss is muting the ICE for the satnav lady to speak.

Ed :flowers:

• Like 1

I have been used to being able to set levels separately & found it useful.

Messages have to be selected to be red & can be done at a suitable time so the volume does not need to be as high.

For the navigation instructions if you listening to music then it helps (I find ) to have the volume of the navigation up slightly & if you missed it get it repeated & increase the volume as the announcement is being made to a comfortable level.

It's just what I have grown used to from 6 years of Jaguar ownership.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Satnav - ML sounddsystem - Drivetrain Vibrations - Mouse

I am happy enough witht the satnav, it gets me to my destination with no obvious problems & seems accurate in warning of traffic jams. I have the upgrade (not ML) ice and it has good sound quality.

No vibrations on my car at any speed and the mouse is better now I put the feedback level up to high.

I suppose it depends on what car you had before. A colleague has just bought a E-Class coupe about the same age as my f-sport. It doesnt have satnav and is quite noisy being a diesel!

Satnav - ML sounddsystem - Drivetrain Vibrations - Mouse

I am happy enough witht the satnav, it gets me to my destination with no obvious problems & seems accurate in warning of traffic jams. I have the upgrade (not ML) ice and it has good sound quality.

No vibrations on my car at any speed and the mouse is better now I put the feedback level up to high.

I suppose it depends on what car you had before. A colleague has just bought a E-Class coupe about the same age as my f-sport. It doesnt have satnav and is quite noisy being a diesel!

Yep, sat nav is fine - its never had a problem finding any destination albeit it sometimes takes awkward routes. No vibrations on the car either - sounds like a problem!

Standard 8 speaker setup with premium nav is great and ML is a touch better but not much on the IS. You have to play with the sound settings and its source dependent - it plays USB very well.

I also find the mouse fairly easy to use.

BTW if you want to mute music when the sat nav lady talks - hold the MODE button

the features i dont like are :-

the compass what do you need it for ??? has anyone had a use for it.

the seat heaters you set them to setting 3 then it reduces to 2 then 1 why cant it just stay on setting 3 and cut in and out when needed

the ventilated seats not what i thought they would be ,it took ages for a reduction in temperature.

the features i dont like are :-

the seat heaters you set them to setting 3 then it reduces to 2 then 1 why cant it just stay on setting 3 and cut in and out when needed

the ventilated seats not what i thought they would be ,it took ages for a reduction in temperature.

You can change the seat heater switch so it just stays on the same setting till you turn it off. Check the manual. The vented seats are more effective in the summer with the air-con turned down, I can attest to that with my holiday to Italy during the summer and outside it was 35deg.

In my experience, the compass can be helpful if used in conjunction with the map-scale setting in rare situations when

your map is out of date and you are driving on a long stretch of newly-built road not shown on it, the car itself being

depicted as moving within a featureless landscape. If your destination or your route towards it can be identified on the

map, or you are vaguely aware of where they are, a compass bearing may help you take a correct exit and keep you in

the right direction, especially if the previous roads no longer exist or have been closed.

I agree they aren't as good as they could be but one thing to check is whether you have s-flow turned on or off. The seat fans draw in air from behind/underneath so you want the rear of the vehicle to be cooled so cold air is passed through the seat - i.e. s-flow turned off.

Very interesting comments, for me:

The Good:

- Seat Comfort

- Windows slow down just before closing.

- Car feels balanced while driving

- Boot straps are perfect sized for strapping down a 5L paint tin!

- Driving position

- Solid feel of car.

- how quiet the ride is.

The Bad:

- hate the hand foot brake

- no dampening on boot lid.

- Arms on boot lid crush boot contents (should be into a pocket not rotate into the storage space).

- Rattles (made worse by how quiet the cabin is)

Reasons I hate the foot brake:

My mate jumped in the car when I first got it, parked on a hill (Don't ask me why he did it), engine off just looking round, pressed it off thinking he was putting the clutch in.

Wife Hates it (occasional driver).

I dislocated my left knee years ago. As a consequence keeping my leg bent for long periods of time is really uncomfortable, when I straighten my leg I have a habit of "shinning" the foot brake.

I've often wondered what would happen in a crash, do I get a foot brake going through my shin! I'm sure (hope) lexus will have considered this!

I use meet and greet at the airport quite a lot. Foot brake is often off when I pick the car up.

Very interesting comments, for me:

The Good:

- Seat Comfort

- Windows slow down just before closing.

- Car feels balanced while driving

- Boot straps are perfect sized for strapping down a 5L paint tin!

- Driving position

- Solid feel of car.

- how quiet the ride is.

The Bad:

- hate the hand foot brake

- no dampening on boot lid.

- Arms on boot lid crush boot contents (should be into a pocket not rotate into the storage space).

- Rattles (made worse by how quiet the cabin is)

I was starting to get a complex about the boot lid. Glad someone else notices it too :)

David

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links