Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving home tonight could not work out what the rear view mirror was not dimming and then noticed I had left the little flap above the mirror, down.

I am not sure whether to complain about this design fault or live with the moon blinding me at certain times of the year. :driving:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I laughed when I found this on my old LS. I dont think another car manufacturer has ever had such a device. I discovered the coin tray to the right of the wheel months later one day when I was sitting in traffic. The laugh was, there was £4 in it.

• Like 1

The "Gentlemen's area" vent halfway down the steering column can also be adjusted via the heater to warm up your nether regions in the winter too. It's brilliant when it's minus five outside. You can open/close it and also alter the airflow direction.

Driving home tonight could not work out what the rear view mirror was not dimming and then noticed I had left the little flap above the mirror, down.

I am not sure whether to complain about this design fault or live with the moon blinding me at certain times of the year. :driving:

Why did the song words "moonlight becomes you, it goes with your hair" spring to mind?

That's two features I never even knew about!

I've just discovered £3 in my coin tray - which I no longer need to throw in the basket at the Dartford crossing.

Just don't ask the wife to get the ticket. My dear lady got confused as to the Reg details and when went back to buy another ticket is wouldn't allow it. - Month later Penalty Notice for £72.50 duly arrived and of course the damn receipt for the original ticket and the attempt at correction somehow either left in France or whatever. Managed to plead our way out of paying but I do the buying from now on!!

I've just discovered £3 in my coin tray - which I no longer need to throw in the basket at the Dartford crossing.

Just don't ask the wife to get the ticket. My dear lady got confused as to the Reg details and when went back to buy another ticket is wouldn't allow it. - Month later Penalty Notice for £72.50 duly arrived and of course the damn receipt for the original ticket and the attempt at correction somehow either left in France or whatever. Managed to plead our way out of paying but I do the buying from now on!!

Well done you for not paying. It really eats away at me that these days poor little Joe public make the smallest of mistakes quite innocently and you are immediately hammered with a financial penalty way out of proportion with the mistake but bankers, civil servants, local and government and corporate upper management never or rarely at best ever get to be held for their misdemeanors involving billions £ and sometimes lives, mostly will be asked to leave with a huge golden handshake only to pop up somewhere else ready to do as badly as they have done before. Keep up the good fight. Mike.

• Like 5

Well done you for not paying. It really eats away at me that these days poor little Joe public make the smallest of mistakes quite innocently and you are immediately hammered with a financial penalty way out of proportion with the mistake but bankers, civil servants, local and government and corporate upper management never or rarely at best ever get to be held for their misdemeanors involving billions £ and sometimes lives, mostly will be asked to leave with a huge golden handshake only to pop up somewhere else ready to do as badly as they have done before. Keep up the good fight. Mike.

Couldn't agree more, absolutely scandalous.

Stuart, no need to turn the vent off yet, as it's not there just as a cooling vent for the summer. In the winter, (or now) you can turn up the heating and then set the 'climate' screen to blow warm air downwards to feet. Doing this will also blow nice warm air through that vent to your knees as well, if you direct it carefully. Have fun.

• Like 1

I was in need of my Lexus vegetable cooler yesterday evening when I (stupidly) answered an international call and found myself talking to an Indian lady about the warranty on my Sony TV which, according to her records, has expired. She has no such records, of course, because although I do have a Sony TV I bought it from a friend. She then asked me to confirm my address, and when I replied, 'Why the hell should I do that?' and pointed out that I hadn't asked her to contact me about a non-existent TV warranty, she said, 'Please co-operate, sir'! Unbelievable.

• Like 2

And still talking TV, if you go this web site and get the tool Get_iPlayer you can pull TV and Radio programmes off the BBC, and watch them when you like (this tool removes the time limit).

http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html

I've been using it for years, a real boon for Radio 4 programmes that are not podcasts which I want to catch up on while wafting along in the LS