Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Personalised Settings

Cracksta

So there is 1 thing i would like changed on my IS250 and that is the ability to auto roll down all my windows using the unlock button.

I called Lexus about it as I was also getting a quote for a service and they said "just bring it in and we'll do it no charge". Called the next day to book an appointment and got a different person on the phone, now she says its £85 charge, I said i only want to add this function not re-program the whole key.

Says its £85!

Is there a way I can do this myself?

I'm not totally sure if I'm right in saying this......but I think you can access the menus for this if you have one of those techstream readers. Hopefully some kind soul will be along to give the lowdown on it.
But, a word of caution. Think long and hard before you do this. This option has caused some real grief for people on this forum. I remember someone coming out to their car in the morning to find all the windows down.......and it had benn raining heavily. Not a happy bunny. Someone else had a car full of snow.
Personally, I wouldn't do it. For me the negatives are too great.

Auto windows down on press of a button is a fairly standard feature on numerous cars nowadays so it seems strange that Lexus have had problems with it, tho interestingly not on all models?

On the IS250, unlike other Lexi, it can only be enabled through tech stream which means a Dealer visit I'm afraid.

hth

I have that enables on my GS (was like it when i bought it)

I have so far had one incident of "unknown" window down, confused the heck out of me!

I think reading the kids a bedtime story one was sat on my keys (they are in my pocket usually) and activated it.

Thank fully it was a nice evening!

Realistically though, windows up on lock is more useful. (it does that too)