Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

thats a bargain - one has just turned up on ebay same colour/mileage priced at 4495

hence my first comments, it was cheap enough that a) I wasn't expecting perfection and b) there is budget to carry out remedial work and still be quids in.

Regards

Iain

Hi folks, I'm going to keep all my questions in one place if thats ok, to save on spamming the forum with dozens of individual threads.

Just looking to get to the bottom of P1651.

I've looked up here: http://toyotapartscatalog.com/lexus/ls430-ucf30r-aeagkw-4-3l-32-valve-dohc-efi-2000-2006-eu-1-vacuum-piping/

Am I right in saying that the offending item is likely to be Item 17650, which has two part numbers 25860-50121 and 25860-50100 are the two parts interchangeable or if not is there any way of telling which I without removing the VSV first?

Regards

Iain

More than likely it is the vsv. I had the same code on an old ls430 same shape as yours, it's around £59 for the part from lexus dealers but it's a bit of a so and so to get to.

Hi folks, got a first world problem to sort, the air-con is properly musty, I'm going to replace the front and rear cabin filters (and the under seat ones if i can find them in the UK at a sensible price). Also thinking of running one of those cleaner bombs through the car so...where is the inlet for the recirculating air so I can best aim the bomb...is there one at the front and a separate one for the rear system?

Regards

Iain

The aircon cleaners I have used have the following instructions. Put front seat forward, engine on, aircon to cold and full fan speed, place cleaner behind front seat and switch on. Close all doors and let can run till empty, open all doors to air out and Bob's your uncle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, will any 16" Lexus rims fit my 430? I'm looking around for a set of rims to mount winter tyres on and 16" will give me many more options?

Regards

Iain

Well, the 430 wheels fit a 400, so maybe the reverse applies too?

I'm sure there will be somebody near you with a 400 who'd let you try their spare.

Not that they're very pretty mind!

I've got 18 inch wheels on mine with winter tyres but I'm not sure if any 16 inch would fit

I take it you get on ok with 18" rims and winter tyres, would have thought the bigger profile of the 17" (or 16") wheel would have worked better??? Just wondering cos there's a set of 18's on the bay at present...or do I put winters on the 17's and run "normal" tyres on the 18's...

Not that they're very pretty mind!

Prettier than being wrapped round the scenery!!!

Regards

Iain

...carrying on the wheel theme...

Would 18" 8J SC430 wheels fit my LS? I think they're the same offset of the 17" 7.5J wheels so will the extra 1/4" each way foul anything? There's a couple of sets on eBay that would do the job for winter tyres if they fit

Regards

Iain

Right a bit of an update...interior is now cleaned up (photo's to follow it was very dark by the time i finished), it's not perfect but is at least now respectable. New tyres to be fitted tomorrow, the LCA bushes have arrived too (£95 for the pair from Japan, genuine redbox), they'll go on next weekend, a bit arse about tit I know but one of the tyres in particular is not a pretty sight and has to be changed..the spare is buggered too. Also the vacuum switch arrived, again red box from the states for about 30quid, need to find time to sort that one. Will do the air suspension pump bushes at the same time as the LCA.

The biggie at the moment is the parking brake (the foot pedal not the autobox position) is utterly ineffective. Pedal clicks down to the floor, car still rolls quite happily if in neutral...any clues?

Regards

Iain

They use drum in disc for the parking brake on the LS so old fashioned brake shoes inside the drum.

I would check for a broken or stretched cable first then take a look at the brake shoe condition and adjustment.

The parking brake is very effective when working correctly, mine will hold the car in drive at fast idle.

Drums. Joy.

I got the boot struts from SGS, they're only up the road in Derby so bought them and fitted them there and then, timed it with a trip to the Lexus main dealer to get the service history printouts so wasn't really out of the way.

Regards

Iain