Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Latest Navidation Cd For 2004 Rx300

Hi Chaps, several years ago I enquired about a Nav CD Update and was shocked at the price - so instead I decided to buy a Garmin GPS from Halfords.... Having just replaced my Nav screen - because of my idiocy in wrecking it by using a suction mount on it I now am trying to find (again) an update Nav CD.

My existing CD is 1st generation so does anyone know what's available and from where please?

Jim

Hi Jim,

I don't think we can get up-to-date Maps for our older Sat Nav units, If I recall rightly, the latest we can get is 2011/12.

Lots of people get rid of their discs on eBay and there is a thread on this site with a link to a company that sells our discs between £30-40 I believe,

Chris

Hi Chris, I've looked at this site earlier today - even took the CD out of the car to get its number which turns out to be nothing!

My disc says Europe 2004-2005 ver1 followed by 86271-70V 313, in trying to enter these details the system went bottoms up so I decided that there is no real update worth having. I have to say that my original disc only gives UK, Ireland, Monaco and another far away place, nothing on Europe at all.

Jim

Hi Chris, I've looked at this site earlier today - even took the CD out of the car to get its number which turns out to be nothing!

My disc says Europe 2004-2005 ver1 followed by 86271-70V 313, in trying to enter these details the system went bottoms up so I decided that there is no real update worth having. I have to say that my original disc only gives UK, Ireland, Monaco and another far away place, nothing on Europe at all.

Jim

If you can download a later map or rip one of a different disc, as long as its the same file type you can burn a new disc using your existing disc's file structure but swap the map files, it should work as per the original but with new maps ... it's easy to do you just need the right map file, use a decent disc like a verbatim or ritek ...

• Like 1

Snap, Jim...

Web site isn't working for me either (although it has in the past!)

My version, in the smallest most illegible print, is:

86271-24122

86271-70V312A

I assume this is 2003/2004 maps...

Just put this combination 86271-24122 into the map update site and got this part number PZ445-X01EU-11 Update Disc Europe 2011 DVD

(Navteq 2010Q4) as the latest map, so you're better of with a Grmin or TomTom.

• Like 1

Much as I'd like updated CD's, I now find my phone (CoPilot) more up to date, and better ( safety cameras included ).

• Like 2

I guess you're right as far as other Nav devices go, I still use my Garmin Zumo for bike and car - except that it's now mounted on the windscreen thus removing the obvious and costly mistake of mounting it on the Nav Screen.

Took the Nav CD out yesterday to read the disc, put it back in again and now is 'not seen'.

Jim

Hi Jim,

That's fairly typical it appears, was half expecting mine to do the same after popping the disc out last night!

Check that the disc is clean (I got a thumb print on mine!) and if that doesn't work, then it'll need a cleaning disc with a "moustache" run through....!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links