Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally, Got My 1st Lexus

About 3 weeks ago I joined the Lexus Owners Club having bought my first Lexus and expecting to be the proud Owner/Driver a few days Later.

But due to paperwork delays at the DVLC I have only recently been able to take Delivery.

After a lot of deliberation and road tests (Golf S/GTI, Audi S3/A4, BMW 3 Series and finally Lexus I purchased the IS300h Executive, pre registered by my local dealer it had 10 miles on the clock and was offered with a Substantial Discount!! (Probably because it was at the end of a Month?)

And, what a pleasure it is proving to be - so quiet, comfortable and so very well Built - I think I have made a good choice.

To date I have covered just over 250 miles, still trying to get used to the Sat Nav system (always used TomTom previously) and Audio set up, but it is currently showing 48 mpg, so I think that is OK on the general roads and Towns I have been on/in.

I have fitted a set of Mud flaps following delivery (an easy job) and worthwhile in my opinion - maybe will help with stone chips etc!

As a newcomer, any useful comments/advice would be most welcome.

post-53874-0-44144500-1443781842_thumb.j

post-53874-0-04437400-1443781908_thumb.j

post-53874-0-38858400-1443781927_thumb.j

post-53874-0-53473200-1443781947_thumb.j

• Like 1

Welcome to the club Robin, that looks very nice indeed! 48 mpg is very respectable. If you're new to hybrid driving the following (lifter from the Lexus main site) is helpful:

To accelerate with optimum efficiency, use full throttle for a short burst of maximum power. When the desired speed is reached, lift off and immediately press the throttle again to put the meter in the eco zone to maintain your speed.

Its sometimes described as "pulse and glide". Once you get up to speed you ease off and just gently dab the accelerator pedal to maintain speed. That helps maximise the electric motor. It can get a bit addictive trying to keep the EV light on!

Enjoy it!

Same colour as the loan car I have currently and in bright evening sun it looks stunning. Where did you get the flaps from?

Tony, I managed to get front and rears thru the official Lexus site on eBay. If they don't list the fronts, drop them a line and they can order them for you..

Thank you 'all' who have posted in reply to my new arrival, comments and Advice much appreciated.

In reply:

To Paul: - I chose Black leather as I thought it offset the Mesa Red quite well!

To Tony: - Ordered through my Dealer when I found out they were available for the '15 Model year (I had previously been told they were 'NOT' available)

Let me know if you or anyone else would like the Part Numbers.

To Adrian: - No, it came from my Local Dealer - Lexus Stoke.

• Like 1

who did you deal with at stoke i dealt with Joe ,but i also had dealings with michael & george.

fantastic dealership to buy from you made a good choice.

if you look at my picture you will recognise the handover room.

Hi Mark,

Yes I also dealt with Joe, but also got very good advice from both Andy & Rod.

Gary, the Spare parts Manager was helpful - he got me the Mudflaps (very quickly).

I do recognise the handover room, was taken through to here following the 'Japanese Tea Ceremony' that is now carried out prior to the Car handover!

A smart lady parked her new white BMW next to my Mesa Red fsport today. When she got out she said how gorgeous the colour of my car was. The fleck in Mesa red really pops in sunshine and does indeed look superb. It made her white BMW look rather dull!!

I used a wax called Check the Fleck made by a firm called Bouncers which really does as the name implies.

You picked the right colour, so many new cars seem to be gray silver or white!! :yawn:

Ed :flowers:

You picked the right colour, so many new cars seem to be gray silver or white!! :yawn:

Ed :flowers:

and whats wrong with silver eh ??? lol

my ct was in mesa red and it did look good in the sun,with a light colour you never seem to get a deep shine

but with the mesa red ,blacks & blues the depth of shine cn be deep.

here are 2 pictures of my old ct

2014-06-13055431_zpscb7fcda5.jpg

2015-02-14113346_zps7433bbde.jpg

i have taken the above picture looking down the side of the car so half of the picture is a reflection

Yes it really is amazing how the colour of our cars changes with the light. I was looking at mine one day and I thought "I was certain that my car was metallic" because at that time it looked just a solid red and then, when the sun came out.........WOW!!!! Absolutely brilliant.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links