Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Rc300h And Rc200t

just had the specs and prices come through (official) and from first glances I can see this model giving other manufacturers a good bit of competition.

specs are similarish to the is300h and what was the is200t but with a few very nice tweeks.

oh I do love keyboard warriors.

what do you want to know?

i'm not going to type all the information.

RC200T 2 levels of specs Fsport and luxury

RC300H 3 levels of specs Fsport,luxury and premier.

RC300H luxury £34,995

f sport £37,495

premier £40,495

RC200T f sport £36,200

premier £39,200

That pricing looks very high. In the US there's only a $3k difference between the IS and RC. What's made them put the price on the RC £5k more than the current IS?

So really, you're paying £5k more for a slower, less practical car with an almost identical interior to the IS. That's really odd. Id expect £3k not more.

RC300H luxury £34,995

f sport £37,495

premier £40,495

RC200T f sport £36,200

premier £39,200

That pricing looks very high. In the US there's only a $3k difference between the IS and RC. What's made them put the price on the RC £5k more than the current IS?

So really, you're paying £5k more for a slower, less practical car with an almost identical interior to the IS. That's really odd. Id expect £3k not more.

Looks like the RC will have a higher standard spec compared to the IS, hence the additional cost.

couple of new things on the RC that weren't available on the i.s full LED headlights AVS on sport model which was £800 alone I know cos I paid for it 19" wheels.if you were to add up the xtras and try to price them up separate the difference would be noticeable.

The only things I can see in addition to the IS on F-Sport is AVS, Lane keep assist, triple LED headlights, memory seats and a reversing camera (without guidelines). The navigation is still an option - probably £2k!

So essentially - an IS with metallic paint, AVS, memory seats and premium nav will be £37850

An RC will be £37495 + £2k (premium nav) + £610 paint = £40,105 so it doesnt work out that much more.

But then, the RC is less practical (try fitting a teenager in the back) and weighs a lot more which is obviously going to affect fuel economy and performance. The RC will essentially have the same performance as the GS as the weight is similiar. Id bet a badget the IS handles better too which is why its so frustrating that they didn't bring an IS-F and instead, made do with an RC-F

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, recently ordered a RC 300h. Very much looking forward to getting it. Seems baffling how Lexus are not talking about this model yet though. It isn't even on their website.

Maybe they are hoping to shift some of the 30+ RC-Fs hanging around at dealer first and don't want people to be distracted? Quite a few are below £50k and have been hanging around for 8 months.

Mind you Lexus marketing is rarely logical

I ordered a RC a month ago for delivery mid January. I've decided on the 200T this time, as I'm not happy with the mpg I'm getting on my I.S 300h.the space is on the website for the RC and I've been told the brochures should be about before xmas so I would hazard a guess it will appear on the website in the next couple of weeks, maybe Tuesday . being 1st December.my main dealer is getting their demonstrator mid January but the order book has actually been open from September.

I ordered a RC a month ago for delivery mid January. I've decided on the 200T this time, as I'm not happy with the mpg I'm getting on my I.S 300h.the space is on the website for the RC and I've been told the brochures should be about before xmas so I would hazard a guess it will appear on the website in the next couple of weeks, maybe Tuesday . being 1st December.my main dealer is getting their demonstrator mid January but the order book has actually been open from September.

The campaigns for the new RX haven't started either yet and that's arguably the most important model they'll be releasing until the new CT

The campaigns for the new RX haven't started either yet and that's arguably the most important model they'll be releasing until the new CT

Just received a marketing email from Lexus about the new RX, must say looks really good indeed.