Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Was playing one of my favourite CDs on Sunday, when I suddenly received a message "DISK FULL", upon which the audio system switched itself off.

This is a bought CD (latest Will Young if you must know!) that has been played dozens of time without problem.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance...

Just a stab in the dark

Don't suppose you have the record to hard disc facility set to record all the time?

If so then maybe you've filled the hard disc capacity?

As I say....just a stab in the dark.

• Like 1

So does this mean (assuming Dan can work that high-falluting Infotainment system) that he could record his CD to the hard disc and never have to fumble for his favourite Will Young ch-oons CD again!

Garlic bread I tell ya, it's the future!! ;)

I think you must be referring to the Gracenote database which is fitted to the high end versions of the RX450h. Unfortunately, mine is the SE-I and does not have this facility.

Better than a stab in the dark. A near miss.

Wow...thats surprising. Figured anything from 2010 on would have that....especially as its a 450H.

Ok then. How about trying to Eject all the CD's from the player. They say to start at CD No1 on some posts I have read.

At least that's what I've read on our US cousins site about problems with the CD/DVD player errors.

Hi Dan,

The only other thing it could be is the copy protection algorithms used on the CD itself is giving the car player a hard time.

Perversely, sometimes ripping the CD to your computer and then burning another copy on a good quality blank CD will get around all these issues!

Give it a go and see, if you have the time and inclination before you decide to "leave right now"! :)

:winky:Thanks Chris.

It is a possibility, although the error came up half way through playing the CD, and I have played said CD numerous times before.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links