Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting To Really Annoy Me...

I've a 2008 IS220D SE-L

Ever since I have owned it, about 18 months. I have a rattling noise under my drivers seat. This noise is ONLY noticeable when turning right - particularly when turning right going downhill. It sounds like a rattly exhaust box or something. Nothing under the outside of the car that I can see that would make that noise. There is a small heat shield there but it doesn't move.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry for the late reply. Notifications were going to my junk mail. Haven't had a proper look under the car but there's a small heat shield under my seat where the noise seems to be coming from. It's solid. Doesn't move at all. My mechanic says it could be the prop shaft bearing as the prop shaft seemed to have a bit of movement. But wouldn't that sound it you were turning both ways and not just right.

My mechanic had it on the ramp as I had him have a look at it while he was servicing it he can see any movement in any guards or heat shields. It sounds like an exhaust box right under my drivers seat. Never happens turning left though. He also checked wheel bearings and bushes etc.

I had something very similar on mine. Mine was that heat shield. It is made of quite soft metal.....I think a large puddle buckled it just enough to drum against the body. Adjusted it a bit and all was fine....never heard a thing since.

Was yours rattling when turning right only also? Could u gimme a rough idea where on the underneath this bit of metal was please. The knocking noise I have sounds like it's right below my seat.

It felt pretty much like it was right under my seat. You can bend the heat shield in or out (relative to its start point) so that it is less likely to chatter against the bodywork of the car. Try it.

I had a similar problem, what cured it for me was the plastic panel under the car, a couple of the bolts were loose. Tightened them up and noise stopped. The plastic panel itself didnt appear to be loose . The bolts appear to correspond with the mounting points for the rails the seat sits on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links