Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Personally I think it's a myth or maybe that was the case years ago.

Modern winter tyres are just as quiet as summer tyres and won't affect fuel consumption

Example. Dunlop Sp Sport summer 69Db

Dunlop Sp Winter sport 68Db

I'm no expert...but boy am I a consumer. I want and expect a tyre that will take me across temperature ranges. I'm not in Siberia or deep cold Canada or US. In the UK I don't want the choice. Give me a tyre for all seasons. As we have had since tyres began.

• Like 2

Winter tyres really start to come into their own at temperatures below 13 0c so if you are going to fit a set of tyres for all year winter ones are better to go for unless you drive mid afternoon all year. They are phenomenal in cold weather conditions, clear water better to , As for snow a must

Personally, I won't fork out for winter tyres as there is not a long enough period of really cold weather in my area to justify the cost. I'm sticking to all season tyres like I always have done. I'm in the happy position of not having to make that journey into work any more in snowy/icy conditions, i.e. newly retired. Bliss.

Winter tyres really start to come into their own at temperatures below 13 0c so if you are going to fit a set of tyres for all year winter ones are better to go for unless you drive mid afternoon all year. They are phenomenal in cold weather conditions, clear water better to , As for snow a must

alright mark long time no see!

winter tyres have a slightly softer compound to aid with grip so wont be any louder.

personally have never had the need for them

this seems to be something the tyre companies have invented,in my part of the world i don't think they are necessary,then there,s the storage etc of two sets of wheels and tyres

Many opinions and I'm sure every one valid.

I'd like to say that on both of our cars we find winters tyres invaluable. It's 1.5 miles from the house to the first public road - which is, a never gritted in winter B road - from there another mile to the A road.

I've tried to do without winter tyres but the lack of grip is just too much once the temperature get close to freezing. They really do help on low grip situations.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• Like 1

I have used them for around 5 years now on my LS400 and would never be without them. No difference in noise or consumption but the difference in grip and braking particularly in snow is astonishing. Faced with snow/ice the old LS on winters takes the choice over the RX450 on summers every time.

Hi Alan - I got a very battered set of alloys for £40 off eBay a few year back -got them returned for £160 so £200 all in and then got the tyres put on - first set were some vredsteins and now running continentals. I live at the bottom of a very steep cul de sac and when it snows nobody can get out unless they are in a 4wd. First time with the winters on in deep snow all my neighbours were shovelling snow - I just went out and they said where do you think you are going? I just said - watch this and off I went up the hill - got a few people in the street interested in them after that!

Hi Nick, that's what I did with my last car, but I am struggling to find a set of 17" wheels that I can confirm will fit my 2016 IS 300h F-sport

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Alan - 17s would be great but you might have to go with 18s which I believe is what the 300h sits on - well the one I had as a courtesy car did a while back - 17s obviously cheaper but if you can't get them then a cheap pair of 18 rims would be what you will need to find.

The standard 300h has 17" so thought for winter they would be better & more available.

But am unsure of the offset or what width to go for like 7j or 7.5j

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Chaps. I purchased the winter tyres from my Lexus dealer, they charged £1000 for the set but they store the not in use tyres and change them over each year - for the life of the tyres - without additional charge. So for me it's around a £250 storage and change over cost that's built into the purchase price - for me personally I feel it's a good deal and am happy with it.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links