Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hilariously Bad Customer Service

I don't usually complain much but the experience i had with Lexus Birmingham was an absolute joke.

Booked my IS-F for service about a month ago and at same time thought I would get the recalls done at same time, all booked and confirmed with courtesy car. While there, thought i may aswell try out the RC-F so i booked in a test drive at same time.

So handed the key over to Lexus. They then booked me in their courtesy car.....the silly CT200h, i asked for something else and they responded with 'thats all we have'. I thought ok not a huge biggie i'm not a fan of the CT200h but so long as i have access to a car. Then i enquired about the test drive i arranged, they looked at me blank faced saying 'we don't have one with us, it's currently up north', but they would try to get it for when i come to collect my car after the work gets done (2 days later). Obviously disappointed as i had arranged this about a month ago but thought ok so long as it's there in 2 days time.

Ok next day had a phone call from Lexus Birmingham (i thought ok that was extremely fast if they have done the work), the guy said they hadn't received the part for the recall and hence couldn't get it done, at this point i was in shock. I had taken time off work to get all this sorted and given them about a month to sort themselves out.

Went to collect my car and obviously i voiced my disappointment and frustration, they offered to call me when parts had come in but because i live such a distance from Birmingham i told them they could keep the parts and i probably won't return. (I was attending a conference in Birmingham and thought i'd sort out car while there).

To make matters worse i had a phone call as i was driving back from Lexus Birmingham after collecting my car to arrange a test drive for the RC-F! Haha i told her i had already arranged it for this weekend as i was visiting and had no plans to return any time soon. Thing is i actually really liked the RC-F, if i had driven it i may have been very tempted to purchase, so they may have missed out on a sale.

I've dealt with Lexus Birmingham before and they have been generally satisfactory but this experience was so bad it was hilarious! Suffice to say i won't be returning to Birmingham Lexus!

So rant over! Haha what a hilarious experience now that i look back at it.

That is poor service, you would've thought they'd check all the parts/booking before confirming or at least tell you things cant happen because x, y, z.

I had an excellent service from Sidcup but guess each place is different and you can get different experience from the same site.

Exactly, or at least phone me prior to say they haven't got the parts in etc..

oh forgot to mention they also left a letter on my seat, opened it and it was a letter regarding trading in my IS 300H F sport for a new car as they would give me a good price etc... that made me laugh! Absolute joke! <_<

Just caught sight of your post (although normally I reside in another part of this forum).

The original Lexus ethos will have long gone. (You only have to look at their cars these days; they don't stand out like the original LS400 IMO). Moreover, the dealer will probably have only recently taken on the franchise, having last year been a VW dealer, the year before that a Honda dealer, the year before that something else etc. etc. So what can he possibly know about older Lexus vehicles other than what the computer tells him?

If I turned up at Lexus Southend in my LS400 they probably wouldn't even have seen one before. (A few years ago they had a Rover franchise.)

Just caught sight of your post (although normally I reside in another part of this forum).

The original Lexus ethos will have long gone. (You only have to look at their cars these days; they don't stand out like the original LS400 IMO). Moreover, the dealer will probably have only recently taken on the franchise, having last year been a VW dealer, the year before that a Honda dealer, the year before that something else etc. etc. So what can he possibly know about older Lexus vehicles other than what the computer tells him?

If I turned up at Lexus Southend in my LS400 they probably wouldn't even have seen one before. (A few years ago they had a Rover franchise.)

Lol don't stand out - I'm sure you haven't seen the new Lexus range then

It's always sad when you hear stories like this. In a super competitive market, sometimes good service makes all the difference.

My wife and I can't fault Lexus Hedge End (Southampton). Customer service has been exemplary. Probably the reason why we've had 3 so far, she's still on her RX450h and loves it, I originally had a GS450h and now have an ISF.

So that's Birmingham and Woodford that are on the very poor customer service list! :(

Had the exact same thing when I had mine in for the 7yr service and recalls. They booked me in, gave me such a basic CT200h that I needed my Iphone to direct me (no sat nav!), and as I was about to set off, service advisor runs out to tell me the car will be ready to collect the same day.

Thought to myself, wow, that's very efficient for both recalls and a basic service. He then told me the recalls wouldn't be getting done as the parts were on back order! :(

Like Sim, I'd arranged all of this at least 6 weeks before the appointment.

Not what you want given the prices they charge! :(

No excuse for such poor performance from Lexus dealers - I wonder whether they are all owned by the same parent co?

Recently had the GS450h serviced by Lexus Cambridge (Jardines). I was given a literally brand new IS300h with all toys for the day (4 miles on the odo and untouched), the job was done in full, plus the MOT, and full Gold Member discount applied to what was already a competitive deal.

I also get the same discount on all parts, and the Cambridge parts department are first class with their advice and customer care - have not come across better in many years.........

Next in to Lexus Cambridge is the SC430 for the airbag recall which is 2 days work! hmmm, wonder if they have an RC-F? ;)

• Like 1

The similarities with the recalls/parts issue is strange or a hell of a coincidence. Its almost like they are deliberately not telling the customers.

Do they have some underlying issue with the supply chain?

Bad customer service? Lexus Woodford are famous for that. Back in August of this year a sales person advertised an 06 Gs300, made out in the ad that it was mint, so naturally I placed a bid, but I lost it to someone else, anyway a few days went by and u get an email from a Nick Bremmer from there saying would I be still interested as the winning bidder pulled out, this should have started alarm bells ringing but I thought it's a Lexus dealer so what could go wrong. So about 10 mins before we set of Woodford I called Nick and i asked I don't mind a few marks as it is an older but is there any major marks bumps, he said no nothing at all and it's very mint. So we drove down me and my brother, went into the dealership but nick wouldn't come out so he sent some other salesman out to show us the car, now I'm no body worker and i noticed this straight away but my brother was a body worker, the car was damaged repaired, and what a rubbish job it was, over spray on the rubbers on the doors, filler work on the rear doors, the doors were not lined up properly. So we pointed all this out, and the salesman made oh the car had a minor scratch and the bodywork is good. My brother said a scratch? He told them you can tell it's been hit on the os front and rear and ns rear. He said you made us drive down all the way here even though we called you 10 mins before setting off asking about any major issues and Nick said there wasn't, at which point he walked back in and never came out.

• Like 1

I can't say I'm surprised at this. :(

Does help me to rule out Woodford for servicing going forwards.

Just annoys me we have these kind of issues given the brand, and the fact they seem to win awards all the time?!

Lexus just don't live up to the hype in my opinion. Especially when you consider what they charge! :(

I'm sure there are better dealerships out there. Just a case of trying them out. :)

To update I have nothing much to report....

Sent them my complaint, had a reply 2 days later saying they will look into it. That is now almost 2 weeks ago and nothing at all.

Oh they did ring me last week to say my recall parts were in, told them to return them to wherever they got them from as I won't return. Would have said more but I was busy.

It's truely crazy, I've seen the decline over the years, unfortunately not the same as they once were!

• 2 weeks later...

I recall that in the early 90's OH and I both had new GS300 and the service by ALL departents was second to none. Now unfortunatley they seem to b slipping. Took my LS400 into Lexus 2 years ago and the mechanic was quite snotty. I suspect he thought that as I drove a 98 LS I was a poor bet on getting another new Lexus.

re the FREE 24 hour test drive. Contacted Exeter Lexus to request one on a Saturday through to Sunday "fine" said the salesman "but before you go you'll (me) have to insure it for the day and we'll need to do a credit check and bring your DL together with proof of address. I responded by asking "why do you need to do a credit check we haven't decided to buy yet" Salesman " so we can get the paperwork ready for you to sign"

I was dumbfounded to say the least and after me saying something like "OK" putting my phone down I turned to my BH told her what had been said to which she 1st responded with a rather fruity remark and went on to say no-way.

Of course I understand the point of bringing proof of address (if they'd bothered to check I'm on their database) and providing sight of your DL is of course a given. Paying to insure the vehicle fully comp for even one day would have been expensive (I know cos I checked) so that was a big no no.

After a day of fuming and not to be outdone I then contacted Lexus Poole and the experience couldn't have been more different car booked collected Saturday returned Sunday. However there was one slight problem when I realized they hadn't checked my BH's licence which meant she couldn't drive it. I contacted them via email attaching a copy of her DL. Unfortunately no one confirmed she was now on the insurance so didn't get to drive the car which is a shame because any purchase would be made by her for her use. On returning the car I was told that after my Satuday email she had been put on their insurance great I said but how was I to know that. At this point I should mention that BH is an officer of the court and to drive uninsured is a very big no no

What was to be a pleasant day was a bit of a shambles all round. Sad :msn-cry: :msn-cry: :msn-cry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links