Edunkie

Navigation Gps System Update

Need help on how to update my in built Navigation system for my Lexus Altezza IS200 2001 Japanese import. It has a dvd navigation module mounted in the boot/ trunk .help most appreciated.

Hi not sure if you can to be honest,is it currently running a European/UK disc or is it still Japanese?

Go to the Lexus mapupdate website and input you current disc number and it should come up with the latest disc for you sat nav,if its pz445-01.....,I might be able to put you in touch with someone who has copies,however if it has a pz445-00 part number am afraid you might have to look elsewhere

Thank you but unfortunately I there is no part number on the DVD making it more difficult to chase up an update DVD. I shall continue to pursue with the Lexus map update site

The dvd you have should have some numbers followed by a version,its the disc numbers you then input on the map update website.Is your screen a five inch or a 7 inch?

Yes you are right I have seen some numbers though there is no pz before the numbers. Here are the numbers on the disc 86271-24125 & 86271-70v315 (2005-2006 ver.1) As for the size of the screen I think it's seven inch will measure and let you know

Likely I have managed to find a comparable update onllne but it's a little bit to dear in price. I don't mind spending the money if there is no cheaper option. Any ideas of places I can purchase at reasonably cheaper price than £115 I have been quoted which is inclusive of postage. Yes I have a 7 inch screen that is 17 cm diagonal on screen

I ended up fitting a samsung galaxy tablet in mine and use google maps plus have the added option all the latest apps and mod cons,far better and cheaper.