Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Ls400

Keynun

Does anyone know if there are any UK suppliers for a good set of lowering springs (or anyone selling here?).

I want to slightly lower it on new springs and I'll stick new oem shocks on there too, but the springs are far too costly to get from the USA. I can't believe no one sells it over here, usually there's loads of performance parts for jap cars.

Looks like BC racing does some nice coilovers for the LS, so I may get those. The spring rates seem reasonable too so it shouldn't be too stiff. Link for anyone else who ever searches lowering an LS:

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/applications/lexus-coilovers/lexus-ls400-95-00/br-series-coilover-type-rs-13427.html

:devil:

• 3 weeks later...

A small update for anyone that is interested:

I installed the 10kg/6kg kit, lowered it and messed with the stiffness of the shocks. I can give a quick review and compare it to my old 180k mile DHP springs/shocks which were well past their use by date:

• BC coilovers are MUCH stiffer, they handle well but you will obviously feel the road much more. I would compare it to the way a stock sport BMW 3/5 series rides. They feel very smooth, I can tell that the shocks are valved correctly to the springs, I've had experience of cheap coilovers and these are miles ahead.

• With low profile tyres, expect more stiffness

• Rubber top mounts, so more comfortable than pillow ball mounts

• Steering shake during braking has completely gone. I believe this was due to the top mounts being dead on my old suspension, but my old shocks were not doing anything at the front either so it could be combination of both.

• Much less tramlining

• Looks pretty cool under the car

• You can probably almost get the LS to touch the floor if you lower it to the max, mine is lowered until you can only fit one finger between the tyre and arch

• Installation is easy, just remove old, bolt in new and make sure the preload is adjusted properly on the springs (search youtube for BC preload setting)

That is all folks, let me know if anyone has any questions on these.