Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone seen the ls400 on autotrader for £12999? Don't get me wrong it looks really but no way is it worth £12999. I'd rather buy a nice ls460 if I was going to pay that much for a car. If that's £12999 then I sold my old ls400 which 32000 on it really really cheap

well now that the public and dealers are catching onto how good these mark 4s are and how rare low mileage ones are - they are asking whatever the like for them - and lets face it - cars like this are hard to value - they are worth what someones prepared to pay for them.

this car was sold buy the original seller for £7000 to a private dealer who had it on for £8995. The dealer on autotrader has now bought it and put his own mark up on it and fair play to him.

Problem I have is that I don't see a very low mileage Ls400 be any better than one with 150k on the clock. Maybe that's the case with other old cars, but not with the Ls400. Hence I don't see why it has to be 5 or 6 times more expensive.

I've had a 45k 1993 Ls and a 215k also 1993 - I couldn't tell the difference in day to day driving.....

Ok so maybe you need to replace the UCA's or a few ball joints on the higher mileage car, but you can buy a hell of a lot of suspension parts for £10k :)

• Like 2

I agree with Ruud. Mine's done 153,000 but it feels like you could knock the first digit off that. Low mileage is a bonus, but it's often not worth what some people think it is. When I was looking for my LS I was told that newer with higher mileage was a better buy than older with lower mileage, but maybe that was wrong.

I have always preferred a car with lower mileage ............... less wear on most parts - but I do appreciate not all - as it depends - a low mileage car that has been driven to the shops may have more wear on the door hinges than a motorway cruiser. This might be down to my age, when I started driving a car was considered clapped out if it had near 100,000 miles on it. And rust? Don't get me started! Fortunately with a Lexus those days are long gone!

I also agree with Ruud, I've seen plenty of one owner shopping cars with low miles with worn out transmissions and covered in parking scars, and modern diesels are an even bigger no no for me with low miles and blocked filters etc.

There are good and bad examples of high and low mile cars about, but a well maintained 100,000 miler at sensible money would be my choice.

Also agree with Davids point, that 100k used to mean the end was nigh, but happily those days are gone.

I also agree with Ruud, I've seen plenty of one owner shopping cars with low miles with worn out transmissions and covered in parking scars, and modern diesels are an even bigger no no for me with low miles and blocked filters etc.

There are good and bad examples of high and low mile cars about, but a well maintained 100,000 miler at sensible money would be my choice.

Also agree with Davids point, that 100k used to mean the end was nigh, but happily those days are gone.

agree with that - never use to buy cars over 100k but ever since joining the lexus fold i have changed my thinking - my 430 when i bought it had 112k

I'm sure we'd all like a 50,000 miler, but I wouldn't pay over the odds for one unless I won the lottery. I sometimes wonder how much I could be persuaded to part with mine for, given that there are so few good ones out there at sensible prices. It would now be very difficult to replace it with a newer one (as I used to think I might do one day).

This one is gorgeous, though - and has a full tank of fuel rather than the usual low fuel warning light on! I wish I had enough money to not worry about paying a silly price for it. Having said that, it might well put most secondhand £13,000 Audis and Mercs to shame.

• Like 1

I suppose with the lowest recorded mileage on a Lexus ls400 on this forum I have a vested interest in the discussion on values.

I have owned a Lexus Ls400 now for over twenty years my 1990 mark 1 came to me in 96 with 50k on it . I had it 16 years and sold it with 180k on it ,by that time it was tired and had most of the common faults rectified with new UCA's and suspension bushes replaced it was rust affected and the y pipe flanges were shot and I was tired of fixing it.

The day I bought my present car on eBay for £3750 was probably an act of God and to this day 12k later on the car I cannot believe my luck.It only as 30k on the clock and still looks just as the photos .

As for the subjective view on wear and tear and parts lasting forever this is not an argument for me as I have experienced both sides and driving this car is light years above my Mark 1.

The pics of the mark 1 were taken when it was approx 15 years old it went down hill in all respects very quickly after that, rust being the main enemy.

post-11542-0-93834500-1447068241_thumb.j

post-11542-0-67200100-1447068267_thumb.j

post-11542-0-31826200-1447068434_thumb.j

post-11542-0-19862200-1447068464_thumb.j

post-11542-0-96047000-1447068492_thumb.j

post-11542-0-55224500-1447148553_thumb.j

post-11542-0-23255600-1447148574_thumb.j

post-11542-0-88553100-1447148599_thumb.j

post-11542-0-47269700-1447148625_thumb.j

post-11542-0-65837500-1447148645_thumb.j

post-11542-0-32571900-1447148666_thumb.j

post-11542-0-95525700-1447148689_thumb.j

• Like 1

I suppose with the lowest recorded mileage on a Lexus ls400 on this forum I have a vested interest in the discussion on values.

I have owned a Lexus Ls400 now for over twenty years my 1990 mark 1 came to me in 96 with 50k on it . I had it 16 years and sold it with 180k on it ,by that time it was tired and had most of the common faults rectified with new UCA's and suspension bushes replaced it was rust affected and the y pipe flanges were shot and I was tired of fixing it.

The day I bought my present car on ebay for £3750 was probably an act of God and to this day 12k later on the car I cannot believe my luck.It only as 30k on the clock and still looks just as the photos .

As for the subjective view on wear and tear and parts lasting forever this is not an argument for me as I have experienced both sides and driving this car is light years above my Mark 1.

you forgot to put service history details and asking price? lol

only kidding - i know what your going to say . . . . . lol

If it was truly A1 I'd be terrified to park it anywhere. As it is, i leave mine as far away from anyone else's car as possible in supermarket car parks.

I am so smitten with mine, that I will not use it if I don't know where it will be parked! LOL!

I do exactly the same as Scribe, find the empty part of the car park, even if it means having to walk some distance.

At the moment I am having to leave it outside, which I am not happy about! It is relatively safe on the drive but I much prefer to have it in the garage. However if the car is wet, I do not put it in the garage.

• Like 1

The other good thing about leaving it in a big space at the edge of the car park is that you can admire its understated elegance as you stagger towards it with your shopping.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links