Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The other good thing about leaving it in a big space at the edge of the car park is that you can admire its understated elegance as you stagger towards it with your shopping.

agree with that - they have road presence like no other car

Moderators; can you please ban Ambermarine from posting pics (and story!) on here ever again!!?

That car was SUCH a bargain-AND close to me as well!

Every time he mentions it, I get a year older in repressed regret! (-:

Hi Chris

Sorry about that ,I know you are only joking but it is a lesson in jumping at the chance when it comes up, I had always vowed never to buy a car on eBay but the low mileage of 18k caught my eye and I just could'nt believe it ,I had to make inquiries and trust the people I talked to and that trust payed off big time.

The issues that arise with our forum members regarding values and history of cars is all subjective,it is up to the buyer to make the final choice after all is said and done it is a car.

Moderators; can you please ban Ambermarine from posting pics (and story!) on here ever again!!?

Mike,Chris is only joking :)

Apparently Ambermarine has some super HD video of his car also, I'll send you the link to Youtube.

Mike,Chris is only joking :)

Apparently Ambermarine has some super HD video of his car also, I'll send you the link to Youtube.

Did I say anything ??? Mike

You really do keep your cars looking immaculate. If, eventually, finding a low mileage LS 400 becomes so rare - what other Lexus would you consider?

Personally I like the LS 460 but members on here say they are not as good as the 400.

Will this be the end of the road for such a quality car?

...................... for me a high mileage Ls400 would be quite ok !!

The opportunity to spend a bob or two on any replacement would give me some satisfaction over and above buying another model or marque

Malc

David

Thanks for the compliment.

In answer to your query regarding a model alternative to the 400 ,I did when replacing the Mark 1 give a lot of thought and consideration to that issue and worked up quite a lather in getting to where I now am.The subject is covered in a post on here at the time and I put forward my view on the LS model alternatives .I stated at the time that this car would see me out and up to now I see no reason to change that.Of course the unimaginable could occur accident, stolen in which case I would probably go for a 460 in burgundy.

Ambermarine, if I had to replace my LS I'd be in a real quandary because it would be very difficult to find another one in half-decent nick. But it must be even worse for you, because you've already got just about the best example there is.

If you have some money squirreled away and you have somewhere decent to keep her I would definitely negotiate my way to become her next owner. If you were to put £13K somewhere you could sit and look at it I would become bored in about a nano second but replace it with that Lexus LS400 and I could sit and look at it for ages, then take her out for a little spin, I think you get my drift. Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you were right about the new owner cropping up on here - I didn't trade the mk111 in for it though.

If you knew how long I'd searched for that exact spec, colour, trim and mileage....you'd realise why I paid £12995

• Like 3

Congratulations Jason and welcome to the LOC.

We are a friendly bunch and some of us
even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again,
with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

I envy you for having that superb car and we all know it will bring you thousands of happy motoring smiles.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins
looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

Thanks for the welcome guys, I was a member about 10 years ago when I had a mk1 ls400 (forgot my old login ), since then I've had the ls430 and a ls460....but nothing beats the LS400 (one of the reasons I paid so much to get the right one).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links