Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electrics/security Light Constantly On

Hello Dear Lexus entusiasts

Looking for advice

I have Lexus Gs450h 2008, which had check hybrid system sign for while due hybrid Battery deterioration, also there was a faulty oxygen sensor.

Couple of weeks ago i have switched the car off, but left electrics on, (pressed power button twice) so stereo was playing and lights was on for like 30-40 mins max, when i sat in, stereo stopped and when I tried to start the car, dashboard went mental, I think every single light on the dashboard being flashing, including arrow indicating kW, I quickly switched off the car than tried to start it once or twice, it didn't start, than I left it for like 10-15 mins and tried again, car started and everything seemed fine but since then, security light which usually flashes when you lock the car, instead of flashing as usual is constantly on, It feels like something is wrong with electrics or something, i took it to mechanics and he suggested it could be coming from faulty hybrid Battery.

Than I took car to Richard from Hybrid Battery solutions for a Battery refurbishment, he done his job (by the way very nice guy) check hybrid system sign is off now and i am waiting for new oxygen sensor but still when I lock the car, security light is constantly on, which does not feels right. Richard didn't know what could it be, said defiantly not fuses.

What could it be, if you had something like that please let me know

Thank you

The reason for the starting issue was you drained the 12v aux Battery. Has this been checked to make sure it is correctly charged and able to maintain a charge?

As for the light, it possible is in a auto programming mode - somehow triggered by poor electrical supply. Sorry I don't know the procedure for programming the security system manually, a dealer would be able to resolve the issue using their Techstream diagnostics software.

Well when I saw Richard(hybrid bat. Solutions) he suggested, it was caused by weak aux Battery, than he checked, and told me Battery was giving a health voltage, didnt do other checks yet,( but recently I noticed when I lock the car, security light is on for while like may be a minute than starts to flash like it should and alarm works.

Collin Barber thank you for your suggestion, appriciate it a lot, now going to follow up on this issue with aux Battery more attentively.