Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Connected Services Problem

I'll post on the General Forum about where I am because I think I've encountered many of the issues people face (and I suspect many give up). 

Fundamentally, in the end, I got round it by connecting to the Personal Hotspot *via WiFi* rather than Bluetooth - though even that didn't work first time (as I had to move somewhere without interference from other Internet providers). 

I should note, to be fair, that this was at the Dealer's suggestion - so plaudits to Lexus Belfast. 

8 hours ago, Overland said:

Another things I know is the new multimedia need the wifi is on.

are on in your NX?

New MY17 IS with Premium Nav, iPhone7 on iOS 10.3.2 and connected by Bluetooth with personal hotspot and gets traffic updates fine, also can stream amazon music or iTunes fine. No wifi enabled on Nav or phone. It has always just worked, nothing special or different needed to be done.

So, can you explain exactly how it connected?

There are essentially two options to connect the phone; and another two to connect the Hotspot. 

You can connect the phone either via "Telephone" or via "Bluetooth". In my case - MY17 & iPhone 6 (10.3.3) - I can only do former. Latter either does nothing, or goes "ID=195". 

You can then connect to the Hotspot either via Bluetooth or via WiFi. Again, I cannot do former for same reason as above. I can sort of do latter, but bizarrely only when the Personal Hotspot screen is specifically showing. My Dealer said he has the exact same issue (I didn't see which particular Iphone he has). 

In theory, once I'm connected that way, everything works. However, it's currently hit and miss. Sometimes the WiFi doesn't pick up the Hotspot; sometimes it does but nothing works anyway. 

Fundamentally, for some reason, what I cannot do is link the Hotspot via Bluetooth (which I could on my MY13 IS, albeit after software updates). 

How did either of you connect the phone in such a way that did this, can you recall?

My Lexus Multi Media Device Registration has just been updated overnight.

Have Iphone 6s & have no issues playing iTunes in car, without Personnel Hot Spot but have this feature  ON for Connected Services.

Had Full Reverse Screen for my first 10 days of ownership & told my Dealer when this feature changed confirming Lexus can communicate with our MM's.

Tel

In the past, I have been able to download routes to the car from the portal site via wifi with no problem. Went to do this last night and I could not get a connection. Error messages were time-out or connection failed.

I re-entered my login and password but no joy.

I really can't be bothered to fix it now. The system is just too fragile.

My Dealer did say, and I'm inclined to accept this, that the transfer from Lexus Portal to MyLexus is not complete. To be fair, they wanted to hear my experience to try to feed it back in. 

So I can only think another sudden drop (as in Malcolm's case) is a further example of this.

19 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

In the past, I have been able to download routes to the car from the portal site via wifi with no problem. Went to do this last night and I could not get a connection. Error messages were time-out or connection failed.

I re-entered my login and password but no joy.

I really can't be bothered to fix it now. The system is just too fragile.

The new portal, on my opinion, is a total failure, actually i Italy none of the functions are on.

It's full of nonsense section like "reminder for your next service" (while the car show this every time you power on) and other stupid section, useful and also, if you want to use... they are full of bug.

To be honest, after I have fight three months to and several lawyer letters to have the multimedia registered and able to use the connected service (3 months!) I am very surpised by this low level of efficence of Lexus.

2 minutes ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

My Dealer did say, and I'm inclined to accept this, that the transfer from Lexus Portal to MyLexus is not complete. To be fair, they wanted to hear my experience to try to feed it back in. 

So I can only think another sudden drop (as in Malcolm's case) is a further example of this.

I had received many "please send me your feedback" for three months, but they was just automatic reply form some bot or some customer care in maybe India or Bangladesh.

But nothing happen (magically the day after the lawyer letter the system was registered!).

You are lucky your dealer answered to you.

My dealer just ignore me for three months

There's no doubt my dealership has done all it reasonably can, given it is not an IT company!

I'm less convinced by the Multimedia team. It's odd how when you phone the helpline they are always "in meetings" and then seem magically not to come back to you very quickly. Still, I'll give them time in the hope they're working on it!

By the way, all fine so far today except for the bizarre requirement to have my phone's actual Personal Hotspot page displaying. Really odd, that, but may be more to do with apple than Lexus. 

40 minutes ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

There's no doubt my dealership has done all it reasonably can, given it is not an IT company!

I'm less convinced by the Multimedia team. It's odd how when you phone the helpline they are always "in meetings" and then seem magically not to come back to you very quickly. Still, I'll give them time in the hope they're working on it!

By the way, all fine so far today except for the bizarre requirement to have my phone's actual Personal Hotspot page displaying. Really odd, that, but may be more to do with Apple than Lexus. 

Sure, it well recognized all over the world that Lexus IT is the worst branch in the world, there's many proof of this.

Concerning the situation of the multimedia, believe me, I have try for months to obtain a reliable answer than the usual "non sense" answer like "Dear Kind customer, we are working strong to solve your problem, but unfortunately we have not any Iphone to try" (this is true: I have the email).

What I was looking for was just an answer.

I never ask them to solve the problem right now.

I was always kind, gentle, send them upon request screen shot, informations, they want to see the video of the procedure... then after all that work that involve me for a week, in the good intention to help them, they ignore me.

I Just tell them that many of their customers (more topic on this available I thought) has the same problem, and they know it... but prefer to say they don't have an Iphone to try instead to admit they are working, or it was my incompetence, that's offensive after four Lexus IS in 13 years and several premium multimedia systems.

But after the lawyer letter, the multimedia system started to connect to the services...

So for them it was just a question of few minutes to solve my problem.. but they did not.. very bad.

Anyway, I don't think apple has some problem with Iphone and Lexus Multimedia system, is known that Lexus software is a little bit odd and tricky... I rely more on apple than Lexus, to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Basically yes.

It is very odd, but fundamentally the solution was to have the "Personal Hotspot" page on my Iphone open in order to enable the car to connect to it. 

So, in this case, it was apple and not Lexus.

(Sono gia infatti in Italia in vacanza, sfortunatamente senza macchina!)

• Like 1

Just now, Overland said:

I am happy you was able to connect!

Anyway, it is clear in any Lexus document about connected services that "hotspot" must be always on on iPhone.

Without hotspot on, no connection at all.

It is a Lexus need, not an Apple: my iPhone, either in Audi, BMW and Alfa Romeo, does not ned the hotspot on to connect.

Only Lexus MMS required, it is for sure a Lexus request.

Enjoy Italian holiday!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’m also having issues with this service. I created an account which only has email address for log on. No username. The email address is too long for the car. How can you create a user name? I don’t see the option on my.lexus.eu 

Hi Mark,

If you go into your account on a PC (using your email address), you should find you have a username (marked on the right of the “Account” page or similar). This is typically but not always the first part of your email address (ie the bit before the @). That’s the one you use in the car. 

You can also change it. 

Found your helpful guide after a bit more searching and was able to change it. Also got the car to log onto internet and get traffic info.

Still need to figure out how to get the car to save the details though. I went to nav-connected services to try to save the details but it didn't work. I will try again tomorrow.

Now i just need to figure out how to update the maps. Thanks for your help!

Am the proud owner of a Premier IS300h. Let's see how long the honeymoon period lasts :)

9 minutes ago, TBi said:

Still need to figure out how to get the car to save the details though. I went to nav-connected services to try to save the details but it didn't work. I will try again tomorrow.

I'm at that stage too. I can connect ok but every time I want to download external memory points or whatever I have to log in again which is an utter pain. How do I get the car to remember the username and password?

I’m just going from memory at the moment (I’m not in the car) but in mine there are three places to enter the password and I see to recall the one that stuck was in “Connected Services” (I think via Setup). 

The other thing you have to do - and this is easier on your PC - is register your car and your multimedia device. Your multimedia device has a number (sixteen digits) you’ll need to type in while signed in on your PC.

And you need to connect the car using a six-digit number (of type ABC12D) from your logbook or the inside of the passenger door. 

You have maybe done all this - just emphasising in case!

• 6 months later...
On 11/8/2015 at 9:19 PM, daylight1 said:

Every time I try and use the Connected Services function I get as far as entering my Customer Portal user name and password, but it then fails, giving me an error message of "Connection not possible ID=214".

I'm using an iPhone 5S running iOS 9.1 and the phone pairs automatically when I start the car, so phone and music player are both working fine, but it just doesn't want to play with connected services. I'm running nav software version VC03101F, just in case this has any bearing on things?

Is anyone else suffering with this problem? More importantly, has anyone got any suggestions as to how I could resolve the issue?

Robert

No expert here, but my finding is that connected services worked fine with my IS300h via a WIFI connection using my phone as a hot spot. However, it only did this when I closed Bluetooth. Connected services would not connect at all if I had both WIFI and Bluetooth in operation on my phone and my car connected to both. Even though the car told me both systems were connected and functioning connected services would not work. Perhaps this is because originally I had set-up the portal details in the Bluetooth system set-up on the car but was trying to connect via WIFI? 

Not sure this helps but this observation may be useful to someone.

On 4/29/2018 at 10:42 AM, Neopyrrhus said:

No expert here, but my finding is that connected services worked fine with my IS300h via a WIFI connection using my phone as a hot spot. However, it only did this when I closed Bluetooth. Connected services would not connect at all if I had both WIFI and Bluetooth in operation on my phone and my car connected to both. Even though the car told me both systems were connected and functioning connected services would not work. Perhaps this is because originally I had set-up the portal details in the Bluetooth system set-up on the car but was trying to connect via WIFI? 

Not sure this helps but this observation may be useful to someone.

Connected services in the car has always been problematic if you have 2 methods of connection connected simultaneously.  If you use either Wifi or Bluetooth, it should be fine.  In the past I've had problems changing from one to the other, which resulted in me having to delete the entire phone from the system before it would work again.  Either works OK, but not both together.

Remember if you are using Bluetooth on an Iphone, you need personal hotspot enabled  on the phone to allow it to use the Bluetooth connection as an internet connection.