Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 O2 Sensor Part Number.....

fozzyf

Does anybody know the Denso or Bosch part numbers for the bank 1 sensor 2 lambda sensor on my 2005 GS300? The car has started throwing up an error and it came back as this at fault. Main dealer are charging silly money for the sensor so my Indy suggest sourcing a Denso or Bosch one (or NGK) elsewhere.

Thanks

Steve - That is the one yes but been advised from a Denso distributor it will be cheaper (ie - doesn't have Toyota stamped on it!).

Colin - I don't have the error code to hand but the indy is definite it is that one. They advised that Bosch / NGK are fine, they prefer to use Denso but stay away from universal and Walker ones? I'll try and get the error code from them.

Oddly enough the light stayed off for a day then came back for a day, then it didn't come on this morning on the way to work? Is this normal signs of an O2 sensor?

Thanks

If an O2 sensor has a complete failure then the ECU can detect that instantly and the fault will be hard on. If the fault is something like catalyst system efficiency below threshold then depending on circumstances you may or may not trigger the error and therefore it appears intermittent.

As you are look to replace a rear sensor you can probably get away with Bosch, but I'd only use Denso for a front sensor.

Failure of the rear sensor is quite rare unless physically damaged. When O2 sensors start to fail then tend to react slowly however in the rear position the ECU actually looks for a slowly reacting signal for normal behaviour so it cannot really tell if a sensor is playing up. Faulty front sensors often are the cause of fault codes associated with the rear sensor.

I would suggest you to also check for an exhaust leak at the gaskets between the first cats and second cats. If you see any black are near the gaskets it means you have a leak and that will trigger a fault code.

Thanks all I will show the garage this thread and ask them to do the necessary checks.

With the intermittency, does the ECU log everything as in when the error codes are thrown up as given time? With both of my Mercedes it logs when and how many times the errors are thrown? I'd like to think the error that comes up is the same one each time....