Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If anyone has any insightful thoughts ...

My beloved RX has started making a slight sound when I corner - round a small roundabout say.

It sounds like a short, rubber type scraping noise, but a very short noise. Once or twice as I turn.

Nothing on the straight.

When I drive down a bumpy road there's a slight dull-rattle. That's always been there. I assumed it was 'normal' on our poor roads.

I'll probably have to take if off to be seen my Mr Lexus (and hope any work is Lexus Warranty covered).

If anyone can any views I'd welcome them!

Thank you.

Hi Piers,

I had a dull rattle which turned out to be the top mount on the strut, I think from memory, it's £50 a corner to sort for the proper Toyota/Lex parts on an SE... More tricky on an SE-L....

You cannot diagnose this sort of issue on a forum, wheel bearing, top strut mount!

Really were just naming car parts, drop link, tie for end, drive shaft, bush. It doesn't work like that. If enough car parts are named someone will be right I suppose.

You or someone needs to get intimate with the car, get dirty.

The noise was coming from the back...

and ...

I'm embarrassed to say, it was the spare wheel underneath, that was loose!

All fixed now.

:geek:

The noise was coming from the back...

and ...

I'm embarrassed to say, it was the spare wheel underneath, that was loose!

All fixed now.

:geek:

So, non of the catastrophic items mention above.

Laughable but a good result.

You or some one has to get low and dirty to diagnose. There is no other way :lol:

• 1 month later...

Yes.   Large (fits your wheel stud socket) recessed bolt head under circular cover within the tool tray below your rear cargo area floor.   Anti-clockwise lowers the spare wheel to the ground.   Clockwise raises the spare into its under body recess and then holds it in place.   Hope that helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chesterman said:

(fits your wheel stud socket)

I had my spare wheel off when I fitted the tow bar, there is a special socket in the tool kit under the boot floor. I say special because it has 5 faces not 6 or 4, fooled me for a few seconds as I couldn't find a socket to fit! You use the jack handle attached to the tool to turn it!

• Like 1

Probably need to give it a good tight turn the the w/e, but don't want to 'break' it ...

I assume it cannot be 'over tightened'?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links