Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ajusting Headlight Height On My 450H

I have a 2006 model 450h, it has the auto height ajustable headlights, but the setting is not at the exact point it should be for the Mot, its set low and with a load it ajusts down to the same point, where is there the headlight ajusters for the manual setting of them and what is the procedure for it?..... thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a look now and there doesnt seem to be anything resembling the pictures from the manual posted up. the headlights are on the sides and there is a sort of cog wheel just above them on both sides, Im wondering if that is the ajuster or if I am missing something somewhere

I made on my previous GS 450h, the only real problem is to find a screwdriver 10" long...

is it the same as the pictures in the manual??

do you have to go in from under the wheel arch or am i missing the point to ajust it??

The acces to screws is from engine space, and there are holes to insert the phillips screwdriver who needs to be LONG as the screws are deep inside, then if you reach the screws the procedure is rather easy: put the car in front of a wall and sign the height beams are, then go in reverse for some meters and beams have to be lower (10% on 10 meters, more or less), in no way they have to be higher. To complete the procedure you need to control if direction of beams is correct, reversing straight they don't have to go left or righ , if not there are other 2 screws to move. Alle these settings request some complete turns to be effective, being the movements of beams very light, anyway it's a good practice ti keep in mind how many turns you do so to come to previous settings if finale effects is not satisfactory.

• Like 1