Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential Isf Owner

Hi Gareth

I don't think there is a bad colour for the ISF to be honest.

The colours available seem to have been quite limited and well choicen by Lexus.

All the colours I have seen in the flesh have always looked great and all were very flattering.

Personally I would wait for the right car to come up as I think you will be happy with the colour when you see a car you are really interested in.

The ISF is a great car and you won't find another car with this level of performance, quality, rarity and reliability combined.

Good luck with which ever of the two cars you choose. Both will be exciting to drive and have a lot of character. Fun times ahead!!

• Like 2

As David said, ALL the colours are a good choice by Lexus, holdout for the colour u want, it's the main thing of the car, uv got to look back n smile, or ur look back n think, "yeah I like it, but wise I'd got it in ............

The silver is-f in Sheffield has had a replacement service book at some point which has been stamped up for the last two or three years but anything before that is blank. Not good for a car of that value IMO.

I've zoomed in on the photos of the blue one in London and I'm pretty sure it has Barum tyres fitted. Why would you fit such cheap tyres and it makes me wonder what other corners have been cut to save money. I suppose it could have been a lease car as some lease companies can be really tight when it comes to replacing tyres etc.

If the blue one is around still in two weeks I will probably take a look, but cutting corners on a performance car is not a good sign.

However with 14k miles (its done about 2k in the last year I beleive) is also a part worry for me - also makes me cry that a ca like this has been sitting around!

Mine only did just under 3k in its last year with me. When it's a toy that's what happens :(

My toy has done around 1500 miles since May this year, 690 of those in one weekend, like u Stu, mine has been purchased as a toy, I'm selective as to where I take it, as I really really despise trolley dinks n car door dinks, mainly used for weekends away n family visits.

The fun factor I get driving it every day and doing 20k a year or thereabouts is tremendous.

I've though about getting another car and decided, nope, sticking with driving the F.

It just brightens up my day every time I see it and get into it.

• Like 1

Mr W, JonP, I totally understand u, and totally admire u both too, my BIGGEST concern, is what I'd ever replace the F with, there honestly isn't a car out there for me that I've any love for, I'm not a 2 door person, don't like BIG cars either, like the size of the F and practicality, GS is to big for me, don't like the new Audis, all look the same, BM's have had their day too, and I wasn't over impressed with the new IS either,......😔

IMHO cars are tools to do a job and I'd rather use something I appreciate than something boring. I don't know when I'm going to replace the F, I don't see myself getting bored with it and barring a major change in my life, the trigger for change would probably be if it starts getting unreliable. Given it's bomb proof build, that could take a while. When that time comes, who knows whats going to be on the market, I'll worry about it when it happens, but given the improvements round the corner in Battery tech I quite fancy the idea of a real hybrid F with 500+ bhp. Not the boring 300h that Lexus currently do.

It took me nearly 5 years to replace the ISF. My longest ownership in recent history had been less than 3 years, but I too had the (nice to have) problem of not finding a replacement that would come anywhere near the overall satisfaction.

There needs to be a viable reason or drive for change or there is no point. For me I no longer needed a car of that size so took the opportunity to dabble in sports cars. If my circumstances had not changed I would still have the isf. If we end up having another baby I will most probably buy another isf. There is no car in the range like it.

To be honest the only reason mine went was it was written off, otherwise I'd still have it. I'm struggling to find anything that fits the bill now, as I want the get out of the 135i Coupe. I've been looking at all sorts but nothing is floating my boat 100%. At the moment exploring a potential deal on a 2014 F80 M3, because I have enjoyed the turbo six in the 1, this feels like a natural progression, but still wonder about getting a late IS-F, because it was such a great car. A lift in my dads 2007 IS250 SE-L on Monday didn't help matters, they are so nice inside. Over 8 years old and there's not a rattle from anywhere!!!

So the M3 deal just hit the dust, even with a sizable deposit on a PCP the lowest APR they can offer to finance a £45K car is 9.2%APR, my current 135i is on HP on an APR half that!

BMW dealers ***** me right off! Right where's the newest used IS-F..... lol

Think that might be a blessing in disguise, think the depreciation on the M would be a massive ball breaker, having seen on FB a series 1 turbo go for £60+k, the only way for an F is up,....in time, good luck with ur search

• Like 1

I'd say you could get Chester to throw in a 2 year extension on the warranty to sweeten the deal, or a service package; they are doing offers on them now.

IIRC the blue ISF from Lexus Chester had a non UK spec sat nav system fitted from factory, not sure if this will affect anything. But looking at the photo of the sat nav screen it shows a different button layout from the rest.