Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Hope someone can help me.

I always use toyota 5w30 engine oil but due to times being so hard and the ls430 is due a service soon, will it be okay to use Mobil 5w30 engine oil in the ls430? I have read good reviews, but I'm not too sure as I'm used to paying alot of money for the toyota oil from the dealers.

Thanks in advance

Just out of curiosity, I normally buy the engine oil from lexus main dealers for £52 for 5 litres, but I went across the road to Toyota main dealers and the same oil for 5 litres is £25.

The toyota V8 can take any decent 5w30 or similar oil tbh, no need to use lexus branded oil at all. Just get a decent synthetic oil (valvoline, Castrol, Mobil, comma etcetc) and change it twice a year, you'll never have issues then since the additives will always be renewed after 6 months with new oil.

• Like 3

I have used Magnatec for 20 years in my Lexus,s first it was 15/40 they discontinued that about 5 years ago so I use 10/40 these days . I stand my car a while between uses and the biggest wear factor on an engine is start up ,the magnetic feature keeps oil on the wearing surfaces which helps to reduce the friction .I might add that I change every two years these days as I do less than 5k miles a year I purchase a 15k fram ultra synthetic filter XG3614 in the states for $6 although I never run them to that mileage .I suppose its belt and braces really and it is not expensive I could'nt do the 4.5 years that Malc does it would be a step too far for my piece of mind

...... my £15 Wilko semi-synthetic has been in my Lexus for 4.5 years and 53k miles and in the Mazda for 8 years and 80k miles and never a hint of doubt as to it's efficiency !

( also in the Mk2 Ls400 for 35k miles too until we parted company )

Malc

I've been using Smith & Allan semi-synthetic 10W40 available in 20 litre drums from an auction site at a good price. I also use it in the Land Crusher too. Both changed at around 3 to 4 thousand miles.....so far so good...

Mark.

A good modern oil can go much further than 3,000 miles even if it's only semi, and not fully, synthetic. Lexus recommend an oil and filter change at 7,500 miles. The Americans with their 'Jiffy Lube' mentality are still stuck in the Sixties when an engine oil could only do for 3,000 miles. But, a modern fully synthetic oil can safely and easily do 3 to 4 times that distance without breaking down.

• Like 1

Really any high quality oil should be fine. Magnatec

Is good. I have to say Mobil 1 did not suit my Jag xkr although it should have.

The US experienced same. Strange but cold start up was alarming. I would go for a Toyota oil and genuine filter.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to be using the toyota oil, can't believe all thsee years I've been buying oil from lexus dealers for £52 when I could have bought it from toyota dealers for £25

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links