Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D - Check Vsc - P2002 - Dpf Is Currently Removed

Dan C

Hi All,

I've recently bought my third Lexus - an IS220d sport after owning and loving a few IS200 sports (bullet proof) and since i've owned the car around a week or so, i've had the 'Check VSC, Warning Triangle and the ECU' light give me grief and forcing the car into Limp mode...

Having dealt with it by resetting the codes via Battery discount and after multiple google searches, checked the fuel cap and all that jazz - I bought myself a code reader.

I was actually excited for it to come on so I could get the fault code... and just my luck it did.

Anyways - i diagnosed it and i got the error code p2002: DPF below threshold bank...

This wouldn't bother me so much, as it would be an obvious fix - sort out the DPF. However, according to service history with the car it has been deleted and DPF emulated from a previous owner.

My question is - why am i getting the DPF error code if it has been deleted and emulated?

* Emulator broken/shoddy job?

* Exhaust blocked?

* EGR needs some love?

* Boost leak?

* Other?

Anyone got any advice/experience on this issue? It'd be greatly appreciated! I cant deal with this limp mode every 100 miles or so... its annoying!

Many thanks,

Dan