Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question For Ls600 Owners

Been to the auction today, having spotted a 2008 LS600 for sale.

Watched it go through, which brings me to my question.

The car never exceeded walking pace, yet the exhaust showed the petrol engine was running all the time.

Is that right, or should it have run on Battery only?

Also, there was an illuminated message under the display screen which said "passenger airbag adult only"..........is that normal?

Thanks in advance.

well i have never owned one lol but i have been looking into the GS450h and go on the forums on a regular basis.

there is no definitive answer - it all depends how much charge there was in the batteries.

on the gs forum it was noted that the engine kicks in as soon as you drive off.

im sure the member with the silver 600h up north will be able to tell us more

• Like 1

well i have never owned one lol but i have been looking into the GS450h and go on the forums on a regular basis.

there is no definitive answer - it all depends how much charge there was in the batteries.

on the gs forum it was noted that the engine kicks in as soon as you drive off.

im sure the member with the silver 600h up north will be able to tell us more

Thanks Mark, I did wonder whether it might have been stood around for a while, hence batteries could be a bit low.

Mikeyv,

How many miles had it done and how much did it go for etc. Something I will be looking at in the not to distant future.

Cheers Colin

Hi Colin, go to Eastbourne car auctions site, and it's still there, just search for Lexus.

It was a 57 plate 2008 car, 61,000 miles, loads of S/H, excellent bodywork for age, shortish mot, and tyres nearing end of useful life.

Interior excellent, 6 owners, had a plate change at some stage.

Started on the button, sounded great at walking pace, i.e silent!

Unfortunately, the buyers were as quiet as the engine, auctioneer mumbled something about 14 thousand, bottom book I'd guess, there was no activity in the hall, on the phones, or online, apart from one bloke bidding 15k, followed by the car wafting away as if the bid had never happened, and let's just say that was probably about true.

I was hoping it would go cheaper than that, as they are available at independant dealers for around 15k, complete with warranty etc, albeit with a few more miles probably.

The airbag light is meant to be on. It shows whether you have the adult or child (baby seat) option selected. There is a button under the dash which you switch to select. Safety issue, if your baby seat faces backwards and the airbag goes off, you literally push the baby/child into the back of the front seat, with the child option selected the airbag deploys in a different way to the adult airbag.

• Like 1

GS 450H SE CVT 21k in the SMAG auction (Newcsatle) tonight and its still there so possibly not sold

LS430 in Smag Brum today but not listed now so possibly sold only 70000 miles

The airbag light is meant to be on. It shows whether you have the adult or child (baby seat) option selected. There is a button under the dash which you switch to select. Safety issue, if your baby seat faces backwards and the airbag goes off, you literally push the baby/child into the back of the front seat, with the child option selected the airbag deploys in a different way to the adult airbag.

Excellent Graham, thanks.

Any comment on the engine running (petrol) at low speed?

Hybrid Battery could of been low hence engine running .... Mine does this, airbag light is how it has been explained by my name sake graham lol,

Ps I was informed today (my birthday may I add) that I drive a 80yr olds pensioners car by one of my sons [i'm only 49] .... That's one less child to be named in my last Will and testament to receive car on my death

I take it yous all posted my cards and gifts late so I'll receive them later this week then hahahahaha

Pps my engine sometimes first thing in morning even with full charge will run on engine believe this is due to letting engine oil circulate around engine before going into stealth mode 😆😆😆 only runs briefly before hybrid system kicks in

Hello,

If my GS is cold then it will run on the engine until it reaches normal temperature when it will go to Battery power.( In the last week of colder weather its only done 31 mpg instead of the normal 33). I assume the 600 is the same.

PETE

• Like 1

Hello,

If my GS is cold then it will run on the engine until it reaches normal temperature when it will go to battery power.( In the last week of colder weather its only done 31 mpg instead of the normal 33). I assume the 600 is the same.

PETE

You are indeed correct re engine temp etc

I imagine ls600 and gs450 run much the same as as has been mentioned.

They always start on engine from stone cold and will as mentioned circulate the oil etc.

I have never timed it but a Lexus chap said they run for 7 minutes on a warm up before shutting off if the Battery has sufficient charge.

Only time I can start my car from Battery is if it's still warm or has only been left an hour so hasn't completely cooled down.

Thanks for all the replies gents, sounds similar to my LS switching from petrol to lpg after a brief warm up period.

The car is due to go through again next Wednesday, but can't see it going for a price that I would be prepared to pay, bearing in mind it's being sold without warranty.

Also, mrs V is a bit reluctant, but she was the same about our LS, and she loves it now, so, you never know.

Graham,

I'm waiting till your 50th before I do anything special :)

hope you realise i have the memory of a elephant and will hold you to that.... new lf concept car hint hint lol or failing that furry dice to hang of my rear view miror lol..... dont even think about it

Thanks for all the replies gents, sounds similar to my LS switching from petrol to lpg after a brief warm up period.

The car is due to go through again next Wednesday, but can't see it going for a price that I would be prepared to pay, bearing in mind it's being sold without warranty.

Also, mrs V is a bit reluctant, but she was the same about our LS, and she loves it now, so, you never know.

If it was me I would buy it and take out two years Lexus warranty at the same time. Pretty much covers all the worry for any serious breakdowns should they ever occur.

Went through again today, usual attendance for a December car auction, two men and a dog, so no real interest, apart from a dealer stood by the car, who the auctioneer tried to convince would look good driving it, and got a bid of £14,300, so no sale.....again.

It's booked in for next Wednesday, by which time it will have one day of mot left, but I can't see it selling here, unless Richmond group lower their expectations.

• 3 weeks later...