Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help - Mk2 1999 Gs300 Navigator (Blower Fan Not Working)

I havent posted on here in a couple of years since selling my 97 gs300 sport and i have a completely new car since last posting

Its a 1999 gs300 navigator. purchased it january this year

Weekend whilst working on the car (only changing rear interior light bulbs, i cracked the bulb and blew a couple of fuses which were the dome fuse, and radio. Whilst i blew this fuse the heating was on and engine running etc - my silly mistake.

Replaced both these fuses and next thing i notice the blower fan isnt working. Ive checked the 10 amp fuse in the drivers side kick panel (perfectly fine and even replaced)

The big red heater fuse under the bonnet - no issues there.

The controls on the navi screen are fully functioning and when i press the air con button the condensor makes noise still

Any help would be highly appreciated and some information on where to locate all the relays to do with the heating system before i start checking the whole heater fan system

Heres also a picture of the new car to share as some of you on here may remember my previous black gs300 sport which i had a lot of advice on from members on here

12088020_100981830258975_298765734917796

Many thanks

I havent posted on here in a couple of years since selling my 97 gs300 sport and i have a completely new car since last posting

Its a 1999 gs300 navigator. purchased it january this year

Weekend whilst working on the car (only changing rear interior light bulbs, i cracked the bulb and blew a couple of fuses which were the dome fuse, and radio. Whilst i blew this fuse the heating was on and engine running etc - my silly mistake.

Replaced both these fuses and next thing i notice the blower fan isnt working. Ive checked the 10 amp fuse in the drivers side kick panel (perfectly fine and even replaced)

The big red heater fuse under the bonnet - no issues there.

The controls on the navi screen are fully functioning and when i press the air con button the condensor makes noise still

Any help would be highly appreciated and some information on where to locate all the relays to do with the heating system before i start checking the whole heater fan system

Heres also a picture of the new car to share as some of you on here may remember my previous black gs300 sport which i had a lot of advice on from members on here

12088020_100981830258975_298765734917796

Many thanks

I hate black wheels but somehow your car looks good. It must be all the other lenses and other exterior bits that make them work Mike.

Thanks mike :) I couldnt agree with you more. For myself black wheels on silver cars i always hated but after spraying the lower rear bumper around the exhausts, tinted rear lights, indicators, and windows, black badges, upper and lower front grills and putting on a black lip spoiler silver wheels just didnt look right so i went with a gloss black with pink........erm yes pink brake calipers and pink badges on the wheels. Some people may call me crazy but being 25 and driving a big old lexus like this standard just didnt suit me and always got "its your dads car" from everyone. Wheels are soon going to be replaced by 19" deep dish in black with a chrome lip and if split rim then maybe pink bolts also along with black roof.

Im now having to settle driving a 1.8 p reg celica until i get the heating sytem sorted thanks to this awful winter we have ahead of us :megaangry:

• Like 1

There are 4 fuses that look like they could influence the fan,

50A Heater

10A Heater

5A ECU-B2

15A Radio No 2

The 50A heater fuse is the one that directly feeds the blower via the Heater Relay. The 10A heater fuse being the supply to energise the Heater Relay.

There are 4 fuses that look like they could influence the fan,

50A Heater

10A Heater

5A ECU-B2

15A Radio No 2

The 50A heater fuse is the one that directly feeds the blower via the Heater Relay. The 10A heater fuse being the supply to energise the Heater Relay.

I've just double checked all these fuses with a multimeter just to make sure and no problems with any fuses. Any ideas on the location of the relay? To me it seems like its a relay problem. Im getting mixed answers on google as some people are saying its located above one of the fuse boxes and others are saying its close to the blower system behind the glovebox. Ive removed the pollen filter and the blower fan moves freely by hand so nothing in there stuck to cause it stopping working. I own another lexus gs300 same colour on a t reg for spare parts so replacement parts for this arent a problem if its a worse case situation plus i dont mind a little winter challenge.

Have you tried swapping the heater/AC control panel if you have a spare from the other car? Easy test of the control panels themselves.

This isnt an option for me unfortunately as my car has factory optional touch screen navigation unit which controls the whole heating system and stereo/sat nav and the other car is the standard version so no separate climate control unit on mine

A quick video link of it to show everything is working fine apart from the blowers not operating no matter what. All buttons work on the touch screen etc and activate the air con - i hear the air con noise kicking in when activated but no air coming through the vents whatsoever. The outside temp button doesn't make any difference also. previously i was able to turn this off and the outside temp wouldnt show up but its permanently showing now.

Video::

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y494/a_walker09/th_VID_20151127_205120_zpszrjs9vce.mp4

The pictures are perfectly fine :) Tigerfish/ Rick you seem to have helped me resolve every problem i had with my first black lexus thanks to your knowledge. The images you have posted will defo be of use so will let you know how it goes.

Cool.

For info though, you can pop out the nav unit and connect a non nav heater control. I've tested this as I have a standard unit ready for when I ditch the factory nav unit for a double din aftermarket stereo.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive replaced the relay, blower control module and even connected a standard ac control unit and still no change whatsoever. Ive removed the blower motor and connected it directly to Battery - worked perfectly. I have no idea of what to do next. Ive got the car booked in at a mates garage monday. Would a diagnostics machine point me to the problem?

Is the fan not working, or not directing to where it should?

Next step would be checking wires I suspect.

Its not working at all on any setting although the direction controls works perfectly as when i hold the ac button and auto then turn ignition on to go into the climate control/ ac diagnostics the cycles go through and i can hear the settings change from feet to dash and window etc. Just no air coming through the vents so blower motor isnt operating. When i checked with a test probe there is no power going to the fan at all even before and after the blower control module and relay have been changed.

Im pretty sure now its a wiring problem - possibly something shorted. ive located some wiring diagrams of the engine loom to body loom pinouts etc so will have a browse through these to see if anything relates to this. Also from searching on google some people have had similar issues which ended up being a short in the body ecu - whatever that is? and also something to do with the engine control module. Sounds a little too complicated for me so hopefully the garage can sort this out on monday

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links