Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 2000 Mile Nx Review.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2017 at 9:37 PM, rayaans said:

Try tracking down an Advance model if you go RX. They have all the kit you really need and are well priced.

Generally it depends what you want from your infotainment. It works well enough for me. I use my phone/laptop for other things

If I can't afford a Tesla, my next car will be an RX450h. Made this decision during a recent long boring drive down the M6

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Goggy, excellent review as I have had NX300h Lux for 30 days and more or less agree with everything you say. Wife loves the smart entry, in fact car in general.

MPG, given we owned CT200h (57MPG) before hand, so know the tricks in using the EV, NX gave 37MPG first tank and running at 43 on second (all local roads and town driving).

Negative points, only one reversing lamp and the main beam lights very poor (wife's CT and my old RX300 are better). Otherwise a marvel of technology - and the seats are soooo sooo Comfortable.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I drove one yesterday - minor roads, M3, M25 etc...

It was the 2.5 Sport.

It was in black and looks great.

Inside, there is lots of quality, comfy seats, good technology, but... things I didn't like...

Seats get sticky in hot weather - no perforations?

A/C ok, but just ok.

'Silver trim, reflects onto the windscreen.

Controls, fiddly to locate/use, when driving.

Centre arm rest too low for me.

MPG 'ok' but just 'ok'.

Ride a bit jittery on a town road.

Wing mirrors can obscure some side views.

Nice car, but prefer my RX (300).

Piers

That is an interesting write-up and it's probably worth sharing my experience at 1000 miles - because some of those dislikes remain apparent but others can be sorted!

I can't speak for the Sport; the F Sport seats are different (and perforated). 

I haven't had any problems with the A/C but have seen them reported so will keep an eye on it. 

The silver trim does reflect on to the windscreen. Doesn't bother me as it's central, but the fact remains!

I actually have no difficult with the controls, but that may be because I'm coming from an IS which is even worse! One thing I still haven't become used to is the remote pad. 

I initially found the centre arm rest too low but once I sorted the seat out (which, seriously, took about 300 miles before I was happy with it) I found it was in the right position. 

I can't complain about MPG; driving constantly in Eco I'm hitting 40 (versus c. 47 in the IS). 

The ride can be jittery. One issue is actually cruise control - that can make it more jittery if going downhill or other vehicles are constantly slipping into and out of detection. Again, it's something I don't find an issue but, objectively, some may. 

Visibility is not great generally tbh. 

My thoughts, anyway!

Ian,

I miss the steering wheel moving away when I exit too!

( It's a loan car ).

If I bought one, and I had the money, I'd go for the luxury spec., with perforated/ventilated seats.

The controls I'd get used to.

I think as an RX300 ( old car ) owner, I've been spoilt. Driving a big tank, with big controls...feeling safe, with poor MPG.

The NX IS a nice car - just needs some tweaking maybe?

:xmas:  ( Well, the shopping channels already think it's Christmas ) 

I suspect, as ever, the forthcoming facelift will deal with some of the issues but not all! Certainly the instrument panel looks improved from the pictures I have seen. 

And yes, it is a different car. It's remarkable how different each model in the Lexus range is, I find. 

• Like 1

Where can I see photos? When will the facelift be available? Any chance it will have the bottom of the doors covering the sill so that the inside sills don't get dirty? (Bad design)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links