Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

52 plate ls430 with 190k on the clock main dealer service history and bills last owner for 10 yrs priced at 1595£

miss my 400 since i sold it and my son now using my qashqai so in the market for another ls

its not to far from me so that is a bonus

what do you think

thanks

part plate is **52pyb incase anyone on here knows it !!

The alloys look in very poor condition, one point of concern is the amount of MOT advisories there are regarding corrosion to suspension components, subframe etc from the last couple of years. Other than that it looks quite nice to me.

The seller who's a trader even said in the ad "I put it through an mot, and it went through without a sweat" well from looking at the mot history, I wouldn't say it went through mot without a sweat. It looks like a trader to avoid

thanks for the replies .....hadnt checked the mot history early this morning but looking now i think it is one to miss ....the search goes on

Just a reminder, as you may not have seen the discussion earlier this year, that there are some bargains to be had buying an LS430 in Ireland.

My (long, convoluted) thread is here http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/97839-importing-and-insurance/ but the key points are road tax is over £1200 a year for big cars in Ireland, which motivates people to sell, and owners get a refund of import duty if they sell for export.

Here's an example - https://www.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls430-only-73k-miles/10925729

Good Luck

Jon

The seller who's a trader even said in the ad "I put it through an mot, and it went through without a sweat" well from looking at the mot history, I wouldn't say it went through mot without a sweat. It looks like a trader to avoid

I think these MOTs from traders are worthless. We all know that the car is only roadworthy at the point the car has its MOT. They all must have mates where the car doesn't even go to the garage where the MOT is carried out. This really makes the MOT system a complete failure. I wonder how many cars are out there with dodgy MOT on our roads? Mike.

Mike,

Here, in Holland, it takes a day to get an MOT. The time taken to do the actual inspection is the same as the UK but the garage has to phone the local MOT Standards Office to get the certificate authorised. The Standards guys often visit garages to look at the relevant car and check that the inspection was done properly, before authorising the certificate.

• Like 1

rang the trader as an exercise to be told it had no probs with mot asked about the advisories on the suspension over the last few mots and was told it was nothing to worry about as it was an old problem that hasn't got worse (well thats good to know and I'm glad its cleared that up NOT)

I'm always a bitty sus about traders who know for definite that a car is going to pass an mot when you ring and enquire then told it has no current mot but i will put 12 months on if you buy it or leave a deposit

don't know how to combat dodgy mots and garages but there surely has to be something done

still looking for a good ls

• Like 1

I once went to one of the famous online car buying companies to sell a Jaguar X-type which had a short MOT on it, they said they'd offer me more for the car if I got a full MOT, they even told me about a back street garage I could go to who are, let's say, very lenient with their MOTs.

I didn't end up selling to them in the end as I got a better offer p/ex for the car.

• Like 1

Mike,

Here, in Holland, it takes a day to get an MOT. The time taken to do the actual inspection is the same as the UK but the garage has to phone the local MOT Standards Office to get the certificate authorised. The Standards guys often visit garages to look at the relevant car and check that the inspection was done properly, before authorising the certificate.

Why cant we do things properly? although my guess is over here a dodgy trader/person would find a way round what they do in Holland. Mike.

Lexus in Holland......

Phil,

The Lexus is a rare sight in Holland. Mercedes, BMW and Audi have, pretty much, got the market. You might see a few IS, the odd RX, but the LS is the rarest. In the last 3 years, I've seen one 400 and one other 460.

• Like 1

thanks for the replies .....hadnt checked the mot history early this morning but looking now i think it is one to miss ....the search goes on

Just a reminder, as you may not have seen the discussion earlier this year, that there are some bargains to be had buying an LS430 in Ireland.

My (long, convoluted) thread is here http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/97839-importing-and-insurance/ but the key points are road tax is over £1200 a year for big cars in Ireland, which motivates people to sell, and owners get a refund of import duty if they sell for export.

Here's an example - https://www.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls430-only-73k-miles/10925729

Good Luck

Jon

just been looking at prices in Ireland. Is it straightforward buying and bringing it to uk. Do I have to get a plate change and is it no problem with insurance

just been looking at prices in Ireland. Is it straightforward buying and bringing it to uk. Do I have to get a plate change and is it no problem with insurance

Yes but slow. Yes, and no problem. Lots on info in that thread.

saw this and only just read it. I've seen a car I like in Ireland. It's in a dealers. Do they get the tax money back too if they sell to a UK buyer or is it just private sellers. Seems to good to be true. I can sell my mk1 mx5 and get a nice ls instead

Lexus in Holland......

Phil,

The Lexus is a rare sight in Holland. Mercedes, BMW and Audi have, pretty much, got the market. You might see a few IS, the odd RX, but the LS is the rarest. In the last 3 years, I've seen one 400 and one other 460.

just spotted a is today

saw this and only just read it. I've seen a car I like in Ireland. It's in a dealers. Do they get the tax money back too if they sell to a UK buyer or is it just private sellers. Seems to good to be true. I can sell my mk1 mx5 and get a nice ls instead

I imagine the tax goes with the vehicle. The link for checking is in that thread.

Good luck with it.

Jon